cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Signature

I have this Kachina that is hand signed and dated 1998. I can't make out the signature. Any ideas? TIA20231029_153946.jpg20231029_154011.jpg

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Help with Signature

Here is another one by the same artist listed on eBay.  I don't think these are Kachina dolls but rather Native American figurines.   The name might be Ter..? Dicler?.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/364241340357

Rita

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I agree with Rita.  What you have is not a Kachina doll.  It's a figurine of a Native American human being.

-

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I see the name as Teri Dickens.

Last letter of the first name is dotted, and I think the last name could just trail off without a distinct final S. The first name shows that same trailing characteristic.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

A kachina is a spiritual figure, found only in the Hopi, Zuni, and a few related tribes of the Rio Grande Valley, in New Mexico.  No other tribe has kachinas in their religion/culture.  

Authentic kachina dolls (which were originally sometimes used as teaching devices) therefore are not carved in the likeness of humans  (since they are not human), but each will have identifying features that indicate which of the 300-500 individual spiritual figures they represent.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

QAnon Shaman Capitol rioter pleads guilty | The Canberra Times | Canberra,  ACT

So what does that make this? 

🤔

Message 6 of 6
latest reply