cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help identifying mark on hammered copper vase, please.

The vase measures  6 3/4 inches high, about 3 inches in diameter and weighs 11 3/8 oz.  I can't seem to be able to find the mark.  Any help would be appreciated.

hamcopvas_1.jpghamcopvas_2.jpg

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Help identifying mark on hammered copper vase, please.

Hey @gracieallen01. See this page for info, scroll down to COBRE:

https://www.oldcopper.org/marks/marks_co-cz.php

Cobre (Spanish word for copper). This trade mark is used by the Purepecha Indians of Central Mexico. In the 16th century, they were found making domestic implements from copper from local, surface mines. With the mines now exhausted and closed, the coppersmiths use recycled sheet.

Vase, while much smaller, is very similar in style to the cylinder copper vase from Arhaus which is handcrafted by artisans in Mexico.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It may be a more recent mark that simply has not made it's way into online archives yet.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hey @gracieallen01. See this page for info, scroll down to COBRE:

https://www.oldcopper.org/marks/marks_co-cz.php

Cobre (Spanish word for copper). This trade mark is used by the Purepecha Indians of Central Mexico. In the 16th century, they were found making domestic implements from copper from local, surface mines. With the mines now exhausted and closed, the coppersmiths use recycled sheet.

Vase, while much smaller, is very similar in style to the cylinder copper vase from Arhaus which is handcrafted by artisans in Mexico.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I don't know if we can post links to other retailers here, but do a search for Cobre Copper and you should see more info in the first search result.

GLORIOUS!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thank you.  Believe it or not, I went to that site last night and looked,  I guess when I got to that part of the alphabet, I saw the Coseley 'Brass', went on without completing that one and therefore missed it.

Once again, many thanks!

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 5 of 5
latest reply