cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help identifying artist signature /initials " RD" ?

We were hoping someone could recognize this artists initials / signature.

any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

R&T

IMG_1592.JPGIMG_1595.JPGIMG_1596.JPGIMG_1597.JPGIMG_1598.JPGIMG_1600.JPGIMG_1605.JPGIMG_1606.JPGIMG_1607.JPG

THANKS FOR LOOKING

HAVE A GREAT DAY!

"When the going gets weird the weird turn pro!" from the desk of Raoul Duke AKA Hunter S Thompson
Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Help identifying artist signature /initials " RD" ?

Just a guess about it being Richard Doyle from the following askart.com research.

Problem is I can only find one "oil" painting listed by that artist.

So didn't solve it nor are we going to sell it I am just cataloging at the moment.

The last pic is the only oil painting I could find from Doyle.

doyle-1.jpg

doyle-2.jpg

doyle-3.jpg

doyle-4.jpg

"When the going gets weird the weird turn pro!" from the desk of Raoul Duke AKA Hunter S Thompson
Message 16 of 20
latest reply

I'd say you can easily enough detect some Doyle touches in the picnic painting: Doyle the humorist, in the droll comedy of the scene, with the dog running away with the food; Doyle the fantasy artist, in the depiction of the background setting. Your own picture was certainly painted by someone with talent, but - monogram aside - there are no clear pointers to Doyle over any other artist. Doyle's monogram is undeniably very similar (although I see he signed the picnic painting "R. Doyle"); I just don't feel it's conclusive on it's own. So I'm glad you're keeping an open mind, and that you're not calling a halt to your research.

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

I do not see the signature R Doyle on the picnic painting - I have looked it over many times - could you tell me where you see that? Thanks again for looking. Regards RC
Message 18 of 20
latest reply

@100hinsdale wrote:
I do not see the signature R Doyle on the picnic painting - I have looked it over many times - could you tell me where you see that? Thanks again for looking. Regards RC

It's well-hidden! The lady in the red dress at the lower right is sitting upon a brown cushion. "R. DOYLE" is written on the cushion:

https://p1.liveauctioneers.com/397/17260/5784004_3_x.jpg?auto=webp&format=pjpg&version=1224688474 

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

Aaah - Yes - Thank you very much
Regards
RC
Message 20 of 20
latest reply