cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help do you know this VASE'S makers mark? 1920's ? cant find anyway THANK YOU!

realy could use some help on this. I have looked everywhere..nothing ugh! 

6 flower petals  sourrounded by leaves? ( primrose?)   blue transfer ? mark

vase looks to be  glass /luster ? because of how the base is grounded/cut

it also has a number  pressed in?  ..cant really make out 7601  with a 2 under it 

would greatly appreciate  your help on this   THANK YOU!

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Help do you know this VASE'S makers mark? 1920's ? cant find anyway THANK YOU!

it is pottery, not glass.  In fifty years I have never seen this mark.  It suggests a new piece from asia.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Re: Help do you know this VASE'S makers mark? 1920's ? cant find anyway THANK YOU!

Anyone? anything?  I keep looking at all books / online and collections and still cant find this one  HELP!  Thank you slight_smile

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Hi it's not a new peice..actually very old .. also it is glass ..  base edge is cut as vintage bottle   added photos  so you can see what I mean .. anyhelp would be appreciated or idea where to look 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Pottery can be ground on the bottom, too, to make it level. Are the pictures all of the same item? I ask because the one on the left looks like it has a multisided base peeking out.
Janet
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

You are mistaking the opaqueness on the glass bottle caused by natural wear with the ground surface of your pottery/porcelain item.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Hi, Thank you for trying to help me .. that photo is  taken showing underneath  coloring under that bulb? shape.   Also maybe you can help me  with the shape type .. 

cylinder blub shape?  ugh this is so frustrating ! 

I can say that it is Not a "new" item.   also the numbers on the bottom are impressed ( by hand? ) 7160 with  the number 2 beneath it .. there is also a name that I cant quite make out looks like either a Avio /Aivio /Aivto  ugh ..  lol  any ideas on the matter would be greatly appreacated ..  

Driven insane due to lack of ID'ing this makers:) 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

hmm someone suggested "very old Nortake morimura mark ? I could find  one that looked mine other than the mark itself  having a deep blue ..  

This mark has to exist somewhere .. If anyone has any idea or can lead me on a new path to check out  .. it would let me sleep tonight  thank you!

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Here is a better photo of all 3 marks on it ..  any ideas ? thank you 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

better photo of the 3 marks on base

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

You do understand at this point that your vase is not glass, right?

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

can't believe we are all stumped by this makers mark UGH!!   

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@ourpcsof8 wrote:

can't believe we are all stumped by this makers mark UGH!!   

I can.  The world of man-made objects, and most especially pottery, is full of unidentified marks.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply