cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Help figure out who painted this amazing Art Work Santa Barbara Calfironia

Hello Art Fans,

I've got this wonderful painting I want to sell (eventually) but I can't read the signature and don't know enough about the work to recognize who might have painted it.  Any help will be much appreciated.

The painting is dated 1935.  It was purchased from an estate sale in Santa Barbara California, USA.  About 20 years ago.  It's one of those things I set asside to research, then never did.  Now I'm cleaning out my storage, and it's time to do that now.

Any idea who the painter might be, or if you recognize the signature... please help.  Please ebay message me.  I'm never sure how to get back to my community threads.

Thank you in advance for your help. Blessings, Max Rainet.

Signature is present, but hard to read.Signature is present, but hard to read.The second name looks to start with a "B" The painting is from 1935The second name looks to start with a "B" The painting is from 1935Earl or Fred ??Earl or Fred ??Fred Bash ?  Bach ? Burk  ... Anyone??/Fred Bash ? Bach ? Burk ... Anyone??/00-DSCN7349-65.JPG00-DSCN7350.JPG00-DSCN7350aa.JPG00-DSCN7350bb.JPG00-DSCN7350cc.JPG00-DSCN7350dd.JPG00-DSCN7353.JPG00-DSCN7354.JPG00-DSCN7354a.JPG00-DSCN7354b.JPG00-DSCN7354c.JPG00-DSCN7354cc.JPG00-DSCN7354e.JPG00-DSCN7354ee.JPG00-DSCN7368.JPG00-DSCN7369.JPG00-DSCN7369a.JPG00-DSCN7369b.JPG00-DSCN7369cc.JPG00-DSCN7369ccftr.JPG00-DSCN7369ccgfre.JPG00-DSCN7369ccss.JPG00-DSCN7371.JPG00-DSCN7371a.JPG00-DSCN7371a2.JPG00-DSCN7371a2b.JPGThe actual painting.  signed in the upper right corner.The actual painting. signed in the upper right corner.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Help Help figure out who painted this amazing Art Work Santa Barbara Calfironia

The first and middle names look, to me, like Earl Jack. 

P.S.  Hope you find your way back here, because I'm not going to send private messages.  This board gets results by collaboration, back and forth, not by working in secret without each of us knowing the input of others.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Re: Help Help figure out who painted this amazing Art Work Santa Barbara Calfironia

Thanks, it's been a few years since I used the communtiy boards, the last time, it took me quite a while to find my post.  Not meant in secret, at all, simply trying to avert the last disaster.  However, I do appreciat your input.   Good eye there.  Blessings, Max Rainet.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

You can always find your own posts.  This is the long path, if you get lost, but it will always get you there

Sign in.   Go to "My eBay."   Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "Community."   On the Community page, your User ID will appear in the upper-right.   Cllck on your ID.   Click on "View Profile." You will then see every post you ever made, to any board.   Click on the relevant one. 

So, does "Earl Jack" look possible to you?  If it does, I'll do more research when I can.  If not, I'll spend my time elsewhere.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I didn't want to impose my thoughts till I have feedback on those who've had a chance to look at it.

I think the first name could be Fred or Earl, I'm leaning towards Fred. 
The next name, I think starts with a "B" or an odd "Z", As I also make my z like a backwards "3" when writing it.

At first I thought there were 3 names, but after studying it today, and comparing on Artprice.com I think it is simply one long last name like in "Burklenfeld" (just an example).

Any help is most appreciated. Thank you, Max Rainet

Message 5 of 5
latest reply