cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone ever seen this type ring before? If so, any aid would be lovely, thank you.

Hi all. I recently got a bulk lot of jewelry that was lovely. This was one of the items, a ring in the figure of a stylized person. Its cute, feels almost like ivory, the person signet is 1.5 inches. Its completely unsigned, unhallmarked. Has anyone ever seen anything like it? What is it? What culture or group? It feels...peaceful...to hold. I know that sounds strange. Here are the photos, and thanks in advance for all your help. I also asked this in the Jewelry section, but as I am unsure of what this even is, I dont know if its category jewelry or collectible, or anything. Thats why I am asking here, too. 

Thanks again in advance, 

Sincerely,

Susan

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Has anyone ever seen this type ring before? If so, any aid would be lovely, thank you.

My first thought was a stylized owl? Maybe taking a design que from some chance natural markings on a piece of stone.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I, too, think this is an owl.  The maker saw the two natural round areas as the large eyes of an owl, shaped the stone accordingly, and added just a few striations to represent the feathers of the tail.

pinta20191205_193214.jpg

Message 3 of 3
latest reply