cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

German Beer Stein-Decorative Stein-Stoneware Beer Mug

Hello All 

Trying to find out if this is a real german stein or if its a fake. What's giving me concerns is it has the marzi & remy mark but not sure about the "foreign" part.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Lorenzo

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: German Beer Stein-Decorative Stein-Stoneware Beer Mug

This board primarily deals with eBay procedural issues. You need to look at the list of category-specific Groups at the top of the page and see if one of them might have posters who can better answer your question.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I'm very suspicious because my German made plates and steins all have stamps even dating back to 1890.  The even tell you if it's West or East German made, Bavaria, etc.  The fact it says FOREIGN and carved in by hand is a red flag.  Definitely post it on the collector's forum though.

POsTiNg Id
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Yes it is real it sells for 15.00 and its early 1800 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

yes, it is real. nobody fakes M&R steins.  Foreign was used just after WWI and WWII  because no one would want to buy something that said german.  it is from about 1920 or so.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@md1919wrote:

...  Foreign was used just after WWI and WWII  because no one would want to buy something that said german.  ...

I know, because edelweiss, lederhosen and dirndls on a beer stein wouldn't raise suspicionSmiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
latest reply