cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gemmy Santa Claus

I have a life size santa clause that looks just like the the 2005-2007 Gemmy model. How do I know if it is a knock-off. It says Gemmy Industries Corp. Made in China under the base. The label says marketed by Walmart. Any tips?life size santa 001.jpg

life size santa 002.jpg

life size santa 003.jpg

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Gemmy Santa Claus

I didn't do a lot of research, so you need to verify this, but:  From what I learned, there are many close copies of Gemmy animated Christmas and Halloween figures.   But I didn't see any evidence that anyone goes so far as to actually counterfeit them,;  that is, make exact copies with some version of the "Gemmy Industries Corp." mark.  It's just the general designs, look, and feel  copied.  So I imagine yours is Gemmy-made.  But WDIK? 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Does your Santa do this?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-922oqxW_LE

Rita

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@melda58 wrote:

Does your Santa do this?:

I dread to look open_mouth

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Does your Santa do this?"

Dd he originally come with a Hula Hoop? Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I don't know. Bought it used without any additional accessories.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

It moves it's arms and turns, but doesn't swing dance like that. I'm not sure but I don't think they all did that. There appear to have been multiple versions. I think mine is 2005 to 2007.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

It moves it's arms and turns, but doesn't swing dance like that. I'm not sure but I don't think they all did that. There appear to have been multiple versions. I think mine is 2005 to 2007.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I didn't do a lot of research, so you need to verify this, but:  From what I learned, there are many close copies of Gemmy animated Christmas and Halloween figures.   But I didn't see any evidence that anyone goes so far as to actually counterfeit them,;  that is, make exact copies with some version of the "Gemmy Industries Corp." mark.  It's just the general designs, look, and feel  copied.  So I imagine yours is Gemmy-made.  But WDIK? 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Thank you Maxine. I just sold it. Have a good day.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply