cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

French Glass Vase

I have a glass vase with this mark on the bottom. Anyone know the maker?Nancy.JPG

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: French Glass Vase

Can you post a pic of the whole thing too? Sometimes that helps in identification.

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Appears to be a fake Nancy mark.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Just a thought - it may not be a 'fake' mark, considering that Nancy is a location.  Daum Nancy is a familiar mark/name, however that doesn't preclude that other glass makers/studios might not also work there.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I'm not so sure the word "Nancy" is what is written.  

Rita

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@melda58 

It is difficult to see if it is 'Nancy' without seeing the whole of the lettering, I agree.  However, just in case it is 'Nancy' I thought I would suggest that it might be another, less familiar person or company in the area that made it.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Could it be Mans, as in Le Mans? The script looks Art Deco era to me.

https://www.rubylane.com/item/728791-RL-jjj184/STUNNING-French-Frosted-Glass-Enameled-Art

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

If you want help, you really should post a picture of the vase itself.  Style, form, cranftsmanship, technique, quality, color, etc., are as much as "signature" as any words or logos are.  You should also post another picture of the mark, without even a tiny bit of it cut off.

=

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

French Vase.JPGFrench Vase2.JPG

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

There's a hole in the bottom of the vase?

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Looks like it was drilled for a lamp base.  I wonder if there is more 'writing' on the lower right side of the vase?

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Someone made it into a lamp

Message 12 of 12
latest reply