cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't put STICKERS on my SLABED COIN !!!!!!

How many times i've won coins only to recieve them with stickers on the slab! Usually the sticker comes right off but not allways. Now i have to scratch the sticker off and deal with the glue residue! 

You sir , mamm;  have effectivly ruined my coin slab!!!

Pass the word around, from now on you will no longer recieve 5 stars for item desription! depending on the damage done by your "inventory" sticker you may only get 1 star.

Anyone feel the same way???

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Don't put STICKERS on my SLABED COIN !!!!!!

i have allways kept the coins regardless of the sticker damage, its just easier to deal with the glue etc.  The whole point of the post is to bring the problem to light. maybe if sellers see the responses they will think before sticking.

JMHO

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

I don't appreciate when they put inventory stickers on but you're also overblowing the situation. If you're in this hobby you should have learned by now how to remove stickers without damaging the product. Use olive oil and your bare finger. Just keep rubbing a small amount in circles, it'll take everything off without damage.

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

How about not taping the unslabbed coins bought at face value to a piece of cardboard either. What is the best way to take tape off a coin, a belt sander or goo gone?
Message 18 of 18
latest reply