cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know this sterling silver maker's mark?

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Does anyone know this sterling silver maker's mark?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What are we looking at?

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

It's an antique sterling cuff bracelet.  I'm also asking in the Jewelry section but no luck so far.

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

I think Palm was trying to get you to post a picture of the entire object. Can you do that?

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

This is a bit pixelated, but it might help:

IMG_0822.JPG

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Do you think that someone could recognize the styling if a photo of the item were available?

Rita

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

It seems that OP is having trouble getting a photo of the entire object so let's try another approach.

Silver is often sold for it's junk or scrap value.  US post offices have an automated service with a scale. Pretend you are going to mail this object and go weigh it. With that info you'll be able to go online to look at daily scrap silver quotes to get close to knowing what you have.

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

Try posting a photo of the bracelet - as has been suggested here.

Rita

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Sterling silver is an alloy  of silver  containing 92.5% by weight of silver and 7.5% by weight of other metals, usually copper . The sterling silver standard  has a minimum millesimal fineness  of 925.

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

Thank you for that. But, how are we able to apply that information in a way that might reveal what the item looks like? I would think that on a Collectibles chat board most are already aware of what sterling means.

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

It keeps saying my files are too big to load a pic. But it's just a plain silver cuff, no decoration, that is monogrammed. Nothing to be learned by seeing it, I don't think. It appears that no one recognizes the maker's mark at this time. I wanted to be able to identify the silversmith/designer, if possible.

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

" I wanted to be able to identify the silversmith/designer"

Then figure it out. Reduce the file size. Learn how to do it. Somehow you think we don't need to see the entire object, yet we do.

At this point you don't even have an in focus macro close up of that mark  for us to see. I'm sure that there must be a tutorial on ebay for How To Sell  that you can study.

Good luck.

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Wait a minute, I just looked at your listings and it turns out you do know how to take acceptable photos ... and close ups. I don't think I can help.

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

Well, perhaps I should clarify what I'm asking for. This is the silversmith or designer's mark in the close up pictures and I'm wondering if anyone can identify it for me. I am not looking for info on how to price the piece or any other general info about silver. This is a fairly generic, sterling silver, plain cuff bracelet that people in the olden days liked to monogram. The design of the plain bracelet gives no clue as to who the maker was.  I'm just interested to hear if anyone recognizes the maker's mark shown in the picture and can identify the designer or company associated with it. Thanks!

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Third post of thread: "It's an antique sterling cuff bracelet."

Yet that mark looks more teens than (antique- 100 years old) and... you asked us for help.

OK, you win. Good luck with it.

Message 15 of 21
latest reply