cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any ideas on what this is used for... Appears to be real fur on the bottom. Thanks

Any ideas on what this is. Appears to be a funnel.   IMAG1001.jpgIMAG0999.jpgIMAG1000.jpg 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Any ideas on what this is used for... Appears to be real fur on the bottom. Thanks

Well, with no idea as to the size, it's hard to even guess.

It looks like a "funnel" for sound, doesn't it?  Like an old ear trumpet, or megaphone, or something to do with early audio recording (think of the fuzzy microphones you see today, used to muffle wind and breath sounds). 

Is it metal or bakelite?  That might be a clue. 

Anyhow, until someone smart comes along to help, you might poke around on the web along those lines, assuming the size warrants such searches.  (For all I know, the thing may be only three inches long).

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Re: Any ideas on what this is used for... Appears to be real fur on the bottom. Thanks

Baffled by this. Is it hollow? If so, is there a membrane across the smaller end, or grooves to suggest that it screwed into something?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Vintage vacuum cleaner attachment??

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

It's a filler tube for 10-hoary motor oil.

*cough*

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for all the replies... Well after extensive research it turns out it is a pilot funnel for urinating. I guess the fur makes sense now... LOL   Wow

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Well, I learned something today.   Smiley Surprised

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thanks (I think) for letting us know.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply