cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Antique Ford Tractor Part??

Hello, my name is Frank Averella. I live in central Tennessee. I purchased this item from a junkyard. Can you identify it? And an estimated value? Thanks in advance.  Frank...

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I don't believe it's for a tractor. If moving the lever makes those pulley sides move toward and away from each other, I think this is for some sort of machine tool (drill, lathe, etc.) The belt from an electric motor would turn the fixed pulley on one side, and moving the handle would change the effective diameter of the variable pulley on the other side, giving adjustments in output speed.

Possibly an accessory made to upgrade an existing single speed tool or, just as likely,  the control from a factory-made variable-speed one. Value? Not a clue!

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

My first thought was for a PTO but ours only had one lever. From all I've forgotten over the years, seeing the previous response sounds more likely. Thanks for making me look at all the old tractors. As a 12 year old I had a Farmall Cub that nobody could touch, no brothers, no sisters, etc. It was mine, all mine!

There are lots of youtube videos that might help.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply