cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help on 1990 no s 1 cent. Thanks

1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

i can see how you might think this is a proof, but i can guarantee you that it's not...

when you find (or just see) your first impaired/circulated proof, you might wonder how you ever thought this one might be...

good luck, Roll Hunter!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

that's what's known as machine damage doublling, strike doubling, shelf doubling, or ejection doubling... different terms for the same thing...

it is not an error or variety, it is damage that occured during the minting process... no value other than face...

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

There were some 1990 s proof pennies that didn't get an s I think this might be one of those

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

not a chance... look at the rims...

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I really appreciate your wisdom as I've just been collecting for a few years now and I value information i love to soak it in. So don't think that imI not going to use it. I'm just making sure you have good enough photos and all information thanks again. Here's a closer picture of the rims. Also this coin has been in circulation as I'm a coin roll Hunter and I found this in a box about 30 rolls in and it is the most amazing box I have ever searched. So far I have found plenty DD, about 10 RPM then plenty of wheat 1, 1897 Indian cent, and if I was not getting excited a 1950 dime, and then this one so I stopped and posted this.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

i can see how you might think this is a proof, but i can guarantee you that it's not...

when you find (or just see) your first impaired/circulated proof, you might wonder how you ever thought this one might be...

good luck, Roll Hunter!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thanks again ilI' keep looking. Wow another awesome find I hate that it's not an no s but I can't feel disappointed with what I have pulled from this box. It's enough to keep me digging through box after box . Thanks eBay community!!!!!!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply