cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to talk to customer service. None of the options eBay addresses the problem.

eBay has never provided me with a way of dealing with the problem. That is why I am contacting you in the hope that you can help me. My problem is that a seller has blocked me from buying coins from him without any explanation as to why. Further, he has blocked me from corresponding with him. However, he keeps sending me invitations to buy and bid on coins. To give you some history, I was buying coins from him and everything seemed OK. There was never a suggestions that there was some kind of problem. All of a sudden I am blocked from buying and bidding on coins. I have examined our correspondence (emails). Again, there is nothing in them to suggest that there is a problem. What irritates me is that he keeps sending me offers which he has blocked my from bidding on and buying. At one point, able to contact customer service and I was helped to file a report on him. However, eBay has never responded to indicate that a report was ever filed. I am at a lost with regards what to do, and no one seems to want to help me. Would some one please help me!

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: I need to talk to customer service. None of the options eBay addresses the problem.

Buy from someone else.

You're welcome...

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Re: I need to talk to customer service. None of the options eBay addresses the problem.

It may be also they have a limit of purchase set up and not even know it.

Try contacting the seller: if that is blocked you are blocked...

As for if you are blocked:

A seller can block you for any reason they want.

Ebay will do nothing about it.

Move on.......

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@bluesky-47 

Sellers can block individual users and are not required to give a reason. 

Some sellers block bidders from bidding/buying more than XX number of items in a short time. 

When you try to bid, what is the reason given that you can’t proceed? A screenshot of the wording would help us give you the best answer. 

We won’t be able to remove the block you are up against, but we may be able to help you understand why. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

You can contact eBay customer support on the phone at 1-866-961-9253 or for tech support at 1-866-961-9253.

eBay customer-support questions can also be asked through the @AskeBay Twitter or through the eBay Community discussion forum.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@bluesky-47 

This issue does not require a call to CS. They will not be able to clear the block. Calling will be a waste of time. 

It is a violation to open a new account to avoid sanctions on another account. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Thank you for the information.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Maybe you didn't know this, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here, but creating another ID to get around a block is a no-no on eBay and you should not be giving that advice.  

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I have no intention of creating another ID.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

It's a no-no for someone to start a thread on the COINS & PAPER MONEY DISCUSSION BOARD and whine about being blocked by a seller, Ma'am.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply