cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Kodak paper have any value?

I'm cleaning out a closet on a college campus that contains old darkroom supplies.

I've found some old Kodak photo paper in various sizes - packages and boxes - that one would use if they had their own darkroom. I'm guessing it was purchased new in the 90s or early 2000s. Some is unopened, some has been opened. I have no clue if it ages and goes bad. Hate to toss it if it's still good and someone with a film photography hobby would be glad to have it. Is it worth listing or is it  trash?

Also, there are some colored filters that I assume were also used in the darkroom or possibly with cameras themselves. They're plastic and numbered.  Anyone know what they might be and if they have any value?

And finally, there is a canister marked Kodak Tri-X Pan Film, ISO 400/27, 5063-5981-0151, Process B&W. It's dated 11/2004. Inside is a sealed black plastic bag and it obviously contains some rolled-up loose film that's about 3.25" in diameter.  Is it trash, or...?

Thanks for any insight anyone might offer!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Old Kodak paper have any value?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

image.jpg

Some have been opened, some not. I think they are from the late ‘90s - early 2000s.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Yes, photographic paper and darkroom equipment generally have value, especially black & white paper (if stored correctly, etc.). While modern digital is fine for most applications these days, especially color (and the immediacy that comes with it), not so when it comes to black & white and the fine arts, with art photographers and seasoned amateurs who are passionate about black & white continuing to develop film and produce prints in the darkroom. Demand for paper, etc. in turn not only remains, but has actually increased in recent years and will continue to do so because more photographers are returning to film (looking for ways to differentiate themselves in the digital age) and millennials are taking up film photography (rejecting digital). Classic film is experiencing a revival.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks! That's helpful. This isn't my area of expertise, but figured it might be valuable to someone with a darkroom hobby.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply