cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when i bid $12,50 for example,appears $1250,00.whats going on?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

In the United States, the full dollar amount is separted from the cents by a full stop, not a comma.  Your bid will show correctly if you enter 12.50, not 12,50.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

@paulpauk_0

Your question was answered in the previous post by nobodys_perfect. Stop using ( ,) and use ( .)

Enter $12.50 and not $12,50

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

12,50 should return the same thing as 12.50.  eBay adjusted it years ago so that a comma followed by EXACTLY two digits is treated as a decimal divider.  I just checked it on an auction and it worked for me (1,50 into the bid box, confirm screen came up 1.50).

I suspect you just missed the comma.  But you really should use the  period, in case you miss one of the following digits. Or add an extra digit.   1,23 is the same as 1.23 but 1,2 is 12.00 and 1,234 is 1234.00.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

I am having the same problem in the last 3 days, entered $5.00 the bid end up in the amount of $500, contacted ebay already and the didn´t do anything, entered $2.50 the bid came up as $250 and so on... i am also registered in Brazil.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@blinx_the_crazy_cat wrote:

I am having the same problem in the last 3 days, entered $5.00 the bid end up in the amount of $500, contacted ebay already and the didn´t do anything, entered $2.50 the bid came up as $250 and so on... i am also registered in Brazil.

This is your error. You MUST enter the decimal point; it isn't done for you. And you MUST look at the amount on the confirmation screen.

They didn't do anything because you should retract your bid and then bid the correct amount.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@thatsallfolks wrote:

I am having the same problem in the last 3 days, entered $5.00 the bid end up in the amount of $500 contacted ebay already and the didn´t do anything, entered $2.50 the bid came up as $250 and so on... i am also registered in Brazil.

This is your error. You MUST enter the decimal point; it isn't done for you. And you MUST look at the amount on the confirmation screen.

They didn't do anything because you should retract your bid and then bid the correct amount.

Umm..they said they entered the decimal.

"entered $5.00 the bid end up in the amount of $500"

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@dola-71 wrote:

@thatsallfolks wrote:

I am having the same problem in the last 3 days, entered $5.00 the bid end up in the amount of $500 contacted ebay already and the didn´t do anything, entered $2.50 the bid came up as $250 and so on... i am also registered in Brazil.

Umm..they said they entered the decimal.

"entered $5.00 the bid end up in the amount of $500"

If they had entered the decimal, it wouldn’t have registered as $500. They made a mistake.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Its not my error, i know the difference between $5.00 and $5,00, i made a test and entered $5.00 came up as $500.00, contacted ebay and below is the message i got.    

´´Thank you for contacting us back about the issue that you're getting about bidding an items. Don’t worry, I am more than happy to help you and I will provide you an update on this matter.

I checked your account and you're indeed correct that you're not the only one who is experiencing this problem.  I was able to verify that this is a possible issue within the site.

At the same time, please don't worry since we already forwarded a report to our Technical for them to verify if this is an issue within the site. Also, if this will be confirmed we will also make sure to resolve this as soon as possible.``

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Its not my error, i know the difference between $5.00 and $5,00, i made a test and entered $5.00 came up as $500.00, contacted ebay and below is the message i got.    

´´Thank you for contacting us back about the issue that you're getting about bidding an items. Don’t worry, I am more than happy to help you and I will provide you an update on this matter.

I checked your account and you're indeed correct that you're not the only one who is experiencing this problem.  I was able to verify that this is a possible issue within the site.

At the same time, please don't worry since we already forwarded a report to our Technical for them to verify if this is an issue within the site. Also, if this will be confirmed we will also make sure to resolve this as soon as possible.``

1) Assurances from customer service are worthless

2) How could they reach the conclusion that you're not the only one by checking YOUR account?

3) Post screen shots of what you enter, and what eBay shows on the confirmation screen.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@thatsallfolks

look it's a well-known fact that eBay is having massive amounts of glitches. Why can't you just accept the story at face value rather than being so argumentative. Try to help the posters.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@dola-71 wrote:

@thatsallfolks

look it's a well-known fact that eBay is having massive amounts of glitches. Why can't you just accept the story at face value rather than being so argumentative. Try to help the posters.

I don't accept things at face value because:

1) At least 90% of the "glitches" that are reported here turn out to be user error

2) Starting rumors about alleged glitches, without any proof, takes away from the focus on the actual documented glitches.

No one else has posted about the alleged bidding glitch you claim to have experienced. Not once. And the bidding process is, by far, the most reliable function on this entire website. But hundreds (and maybe thousands) of people have reported that CSRs told them things that were patently false, and it's painfully obvious that eBay's CSRs don't understand how the site works. It's also obvious that they'll tell people just about anything to get them off the phone.

So accepting your report at face value would be extremely UNHELPFUL to fellow posters.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Well thats 100% rubbish, because I have noted this in previous posts here addressed to the 'expert' who says in his opinion bid retractions should be allowed ever because there is no excuse... and BTW, the 'conformation screen' or popup whatever doesn't always appear for me if I've placed a prior bid and near end place further bids.

Imagine intending to bid $15.50 and ending up having that regarded as $1550?

You do realise how the , and . are side by side on a keyboard don't you... and how it's all too easy to slip on that?

Don't try calling 'glitch', I first discovered this happens back in 2005 when I started out here.

So why is it some people can't accept whats been reported?

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@phono_0490xxxxxx wrote:

Well thats 100% rubbish, because I have noted this in previous posts here addressed to the 'expert' who says in his opinion bid retractions should be allowed ever because there is no excuse... and BTW, the 'conformation screen' or popup whatever doesn't always appear for me if I've placed a prior bid and near end place further bids.

Imagine intending to bid $15.50 and ending up having that regarded as $1550?

You do realise how the , and . are side by side on a keyboard don't you... and how it's all too easy to slip on that?

Don't try calling 'glitch', I first discovered this happens back in 2005 when I started out here.

So why is it some people can't accept whats been reported?

@phono_0490xxxxxx wrote:

Try reading it again. I'm the one NOT calling "glitch"; I'm calling "user error". And pressing the wrong key on your keyboard is obviously a user error. So is forgetting to press the '.' key.

So excuse us for not "accepting what's being reported", when no proof has been offered, and when a common user error produces the same result.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply