cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suspicious activity

I was looking up animated figures by Gemmy and came across this very weird listing on a hamster , it started out at 19.99 and then someone bid it to $8000 , last I looked it was $9009 , put "Gemmy Industries “ I Got Sunshine” Animated Dancing Hamster Cupid " in the search, probably money laundering or human trafficking, what else would explain this?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

suspicious activity

More likely it's just sport bidders who have no intention of paying that inflated price.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

suspicious activity

Scammers producing "evidence" of fake selling prices, to support inflated values that can then be reported on fake blogs titled something like "25 things in your house that are worth a fortune".

The ultimate aim: to fool optimistic sellers, who will then be targeted with fake payment schemes, and/or tricked into including gift cards for an increased payment. But, they will be asked to provide the gift card numbers by email in order to "release the payment".

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

suspicious activity

The listing has now ended, so it is shown in eBay sold-listings-search as having been sold for $9,009.00.

But according to Terapeak, it has not been paid for. This is how the scammers create false/fake so-called "evidence" for sales that never actually happened. Clear evidence for how the scammers create false/fake data for sales that did not happen.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply