cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

seller won't accept payment for item

Hi,

I purchased the following item, 383537977721, from that seller and the seller is not accepting the paypal payment. They sent a tracking number after I inquired about them not accepting the payment but the tracking number still shows that the post office has not received it from the seller as of yet. If the seller does not go through with the sale, what do I need to do so that I don't have a payment in limbo and an uncompleted sale? I really wanted the dvd but I get the feeling the seller may have changed their mind. It has been three days now and they still have not accepted the payment.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

It has been three days now and they still have not accepted the payment.

My first thought was "How much time has passed?" but three days (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday?) is long enough.

The seller has given you a "tracking" number, but these are actually Confirmation of Delivery numbers. Only when the item is actually delivered is that confirmation delivered.

Most postal employees are more consistent than that, recording all numbers, but it is not actually required.

Keep in mind that the PO is slammed with Christmas level shipping at the moment, but is working shorthanded due to the pandemic, which has quarantined or isolated some workers, sickened and even killed others.

To get a tracking number, he had to pay for a shipping label. A waste of money if he wasn't going to complete the transaction.

EBay gave you an estimated arrival window.

If your DVD doesn't arrive by the last day of that window, you can open an Item Not Received dispute in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

This is an automatic process which does not require any human interaction.

If the seller cannot prove Delivery (not shipping, Delivery) you will be refunded.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@howlingmacy wrote:

seller and the seller is not accepting the paypal payment.

When you look at your Pay Pal transaction, does it say the seller hasn't accepted the payment?

Have a great day
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Yes, it shows the seller has not accepted the payment. I have never had a situation like this where a seller did not accept the paypal payment.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

often that means seller made error on their paypal payment address when they filled the listing info out and the payment went to an email address that does not belong to his/a pp account and that seller can not access.There should be a cancel link in the the transaction details in your pp.Use it.Check you purchase history in eBay I bet Ebay does not see the item as paid so you can not file a not received case

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

An unaccepted payment will not show as paid in ebay so they will not be able to open a case w ebay

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

The seller said has responded to my messages about them not accepting the payment. They said the dvd has been shipped and that they have to wait for the paypal payment to clear before they can accept the payment. I'm not familiar with this and I have never had this situation to happen with any of my other paypal purchases.

They do have overall good feedback. So hopefully they have shipped it.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

The seller has shipped the dvd. I checked the tracking number today and it does show it has been shipped and is on its way. But paypal is still showing the seller has not accepted the payment. The seller responded yesterday and said everything is okay and that they have to wait for the payment to clear before they can accept it. I would have thought since I paid for using paypal that the payment would have cleared almost instantly. That is how it has always done when I purchase something using paypal. I want to make sure the seller gets their payment.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Are they a new seller? Could the payment be "on hold" until you it is show as received by you? That is how it worked when I first started selling.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Does a seller have to reach a certain amount of feedback in order to have the payment be automatically approved for them?

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

It looks like they started selling in August 2019.  It is showing 193 total on feedback.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I sent the seller another message to make sure that  everything is okay with the payment since it is still showing to be not accepted by them. The seller responded and said that everything is okay and that they will receive the payment.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply