cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

item never arrived, 10 days since purchase

hello everyone, I purchased an item on ebay on January 19.  The seller created an USPS label, but never shipped the item.  I wrote to the seller and never got a response.  Here's the devastating issue:  I went to my EBAY purchases, clicked on the item i purchased, and click on the option that said "MORE ACTIONS ---> I NEVER RECEIVED IT".  Much to my surprise, I was brought to a page that said, "You are no longer covered by eBay Money Back Guarantee.  We're sorry there's an issue with this purchase. Unfortunately, you're no longer covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee. Please contact the seller to work things out."  I already contacted the buyer and got no response!  The buyer (as I've said here) provided a tracking number which, according to USPS, was never used; they do not have receipt of the package.  And now, eBay is saying there is a problem, i am no longer covered by the Ebay purchase guarantee and to contact a seller who does not respond.  Or, in other words, ebay is not willing to help with a fraudulent sale on their website.  I can report ebay to several agencies, and I will probably do that but i was wondering if anyone here has any clue as to what is happening.  Thank you.

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

What was the estimated delivery date?

You have 30 days after that date to be covered by the MBG.

If it's been longer then 30 days, you'll have to open an case with Pay Pal or your payment source.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 35
latest reply

@roaringscreeen wrote:

hello everyone, I purchased an item on ebay on January 19.  The seller created an USPS label, but never shipped the item.  I wrote to the seller and never got a response.  Here's the devastating issue:  I went to my EBAY purchases, clicked on the item i purchased, and click on the option that said "MORE ACTIONS ---> I NEVER RECEIVED IT".  Much to my surprise, I was brought to a page that said, "You are no longer covered by eBay Money Back Guarantee.  We're sorry there's an issue with this purchase. Unfortunately, you're no longer covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee. Please contact the seller to work things out."  I already contacted the buyer and got no response!  The buyer (as I've said here) provided a tracking number which, according to USPS, was never used; they do not have receipt of the package.  And now, eBay is saying there is a problem, i am no longer covered by the Ebay purchase guarantee and to contact a seller who does not respond.  Or, in other words, ebay is not willing to help with a fraudulent sale on their website.  I can report ebay to several agencies, and I will probably do that but i was wondering if anyone here has any clue as to what is happening.  Thank you.

devon@ebay , kyle@ebay 

Good afternoon Gentlemen, is there a known issue with the Purchase history flow and an Item not received claim?  I'm having trouble understanding how a Buyer can lose their MGB 10 days after a purchase?

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 3 of 35
latest reply

Care to post the eBay item number that is in the listing itself?  Folks can take a look to discern information. 

Posting ID
Message 4 of 35
latest reply

@lakefor94 wrote:

Care to post the eBay item number that is in the listing itself?  Folks can take a look to discern information. 

@lakefor94 

I have had issues lately opening Sold items on Member accounts ... I can see the listing but when I try to open it I get redirected to one for sale.

Regards,
Message 5 of 35
latest reply

I'm having trouble understanding how a Buyer can lose their MGB 10 days after a purchase?

@mr_lincoln 

There is a possibility that the product did NOT have MBG coverage in the first place.  Items that are listed in certain categories do not have buyer protection.  There are times when items are listed in one of those categories that should not be on purpose to prohibit claims under the MBG.  

Items can also be listed in TWO categories.  For instance, an I Phone.  It can be  under phones and ALSO listed under  'travel' or 'websites for sale', etc.  If ONE of the categories has no MBG protection, and the other does, it results in NO MBG for the buyer.  

I know that the "second" category was not displayed on a listing when viewed via a mobile app.  I am not sure if it still has both categories displayed on the computer view.  

So if you bought your camera on eBay, and it was also listed under travel, there would be no money back guarantee even if it is a physical product.  eBay knows this has been going on, but the first line of defense against the victim is the denial of the money back guarantee benefits.  

Message 6 of 35
latest reply

no, the item was purchased 10 days ago on January 19.  The seller provided a USPS tracking number but never mailed the merchandise.    If USPS had the package and the tracking said it would be here later in the week, I would not have a problem; but USPS tracking states they did not receive the package; the seller did not respond to an email I sent over the weekend, and eBay is saying, "We're sorry there's an issue with this purchase. Unfortunately, you're no longer covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee. Please contact the seller to work things out."  The seller does not respond, the order was paid for immediately after the auction closed 10 days ago, and if there is 'an issue with this purchase' what is the issue? Is ebay going to allow the seller to keep my money without any involvement?  A very bad situation here.  the ebay id number is 404739924851, and you have to click on 'completed items' to see the sale.

Message 7 of 35
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

I'm having trouble understanding how a Buyer can lose their MGB 10 days after a purchase?

@mr_lincoln 

There is a possibility that the product did NOT have MBG coverage in the first place.  Items that are listed in certain categories do not have buyer protection.  There are times when items are listed in one of those categories that should not be on purpose to prohibit claims under the MBG.  

Items can also be listed in TWO categories.  For instance, an I Phone.  It can be  under phones and ALSO listed under  'travel' or 'websites for sale', etc.  If ONE of the categories has no MBG protection, and the other does, it results in NO MBG for the buyer.  

I know that the "second" category was not displayed on a listing when viewed via a mobile app.  I am not sure if it still has both categories displayed on the computer view.  

So if you bought your camera on eBay, and it was also listed under travel, there would be no money back guarantee even if it is a physical product.  eBay knows this has been going on, but the first line of defense against the victim is the denial of the money back guarantee benefits.  

@ittybitnot   That's pretty rotten and thanks, I did not know that ... 

Regards,
Message 8 of 35
latest reply

hi thanks for your answer here; well, i looked at the item (again it is ebay ID 404739924851) , and it is listed as the correct category.  I am a senior citizen, and quite frankly, I get very insulted when a business tries to cheat or take advantage of me.  Regardless of the reason eBay may provide here, I will not condone this idea of telling me there is an issue with the purchase (without describing the issue), and telling me to contact the seller when the seller does not respond.  there is no way to  write or call eBay. please look at the eBay ID, and if you do have additional thoughts, i would love to hear them.

Message 9 of 35
latest reply

the ebay Id number is 404739924851.  thanks!

Message 10 of 35
latest reply

Have you opened many cases in the past? 

Message 11 of 35
latest reply

this is certainly strange.

Message 12 of 35
latest reply

not understanding here.

Message 13 of 35
latest reply

@roaringscreeen 

If your listing for the $5 music thing, it DOES display the Money Back Guarantee. Doesn't seem like it would be a target item for a scam either at that price point. @mr_lincoln already tagged a couple of eBay employees that may come by tomorrow.   They may just tell you to contact customer service, though.  

We can suppose for now since the "I didn't receive it" option was present, the last estimated delivery date has passed, so that is not a problem.   Have you tried it again?  First time may have been a glitch. 

You can write to eBay.  Use the blue message button at the top of this page: 

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness

These are eBay employees that have authority to help you.  

Message 14 of 35
latest reply

thanks for the reply, but I cannot contact customer service.  I cannot get the system to give me a call, and i cannot write to anyone.  I am constantly being told to look at the options to read material about an item that was never received, but no option to contact anyone from ebay either via phone or email or messaging.

Message 15 of 35
latest reply