cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i bought a lazer light on ebay as a guest and a hacker is trying to get it sent to him.

a hacker royo2817 is is trying to get my order from ebay and i cant find a way to let ebay know .how can i check my order when ebay says i dident make a order.my order number is 895153.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

i bought a lazer light on ebay as a guest and a hacker is trying to get it sent to him.

Ignore and delete messages from that person. There isn’t any way to report unless you’re in a transaction with them. 
If you bought something as a guest the listing will be in the email when you purchased. If you paid with PayPal the transaction will be there as well. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

How do you know they're trying to get the order sent to them? Is there evidence they have access to your eBay account? Or was the order made as a guest?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@iamroger_2000 wrote:

a hacker royo2817 is is trying to get my order from ebay and i cant find a way to let ebay know .how can i check my order when ebay says i dident make a order.my order number is 895153.

If someone is pretending to be you and attempting to get the seller to ship the item to them instead of to you, that's the seller's concern. 

Let the seller know that you're the buyer, you paid for the item and the seller should ship to the address that you supplied with your payment.

if the seller falls for the scammer's ruse and you don't receive the item, you can open an INR (item not received) claim on the day after the last estimated delivery date. 

But again, there's nothing for you to report.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@iamroger_2000,

Since you probably bought as a guest, you should have received an order confirmation in your regular email account. If you can't find it in your inbox it may be in a spam or junk folder.  Because you bought at a guest, the transaction will not show up in your Purchase/Order history.   Read the info about buying as a guest below.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/paying-items/buying-guest?id=4035

FYI the order number you posted is not an ebay order number. An ebay order number will be 12 digits long with hyphens.  Ex: 07-09430-13489.  Are you sure you found the listing on ebay?  If you bought it from another site saying you would have ebay protections, it was a scam.   You may want to check the account you used to pay with, if this was an ebay transaction it should show as ebaycommerceinc as the payment destination.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@iamroger_2000,

Actually,  I think this is a misunderstanding. This account that you are using now was first created yesterday (Jan 14, 2023) with the user ID royo2817, which has since been updated to iamroger_2000.

The first user ID was probably the default one that eBay assigned, and then it was updated right away.

If you search for a user ID within 30 days of when it was changed, eBay will redirect the search to the new user ID ... that appears to be what happens when I try to open the feedback profile for your earlier user ID. The old user ID is shown in the URL, and the new user ID is shown on the page. The yellow icon beside the name means this is a new account, and the purple icon means that the user ID has been changed recently.

image.png

If you create an eBay ID  after  you make a guest purchase, the guest purchase does not get attached to your new ID. Only purchases that you make after your eBay ID is created will show up on your new ID.

For the guest purchase, you have to access it through the email you received, as was explained before.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I DID NOT GET A CONFIRMATION EMAIL FROM EBAY  THATS WHY I THINK THE HACKER GOT IT

Message 7 of 7
latest reply