cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay deliberately disapproved a report of false advertising

I reported a 32" frame TV which is advertised in the title as 4k  and specified wrong resolution and perfectly fits the reporting listing for title based browser manipulation of content that does not match the product and attempts to deceive people.

Given the nature of these reports being reviewed by a human eBay agent it's now an objective fact that eBay is deliberately allowing these practices. For that reason I hope people continue to make this vile company hemorrhage money by making them take the brunt of scam refunds. 

There is no room for debate here. These are against eBay policy and the policy enforces are almost certainly simultaneously profiting off of these lies as they are engaged in a deliberate act to protect their racket. I can only assume that this goes all the way to the top but no doubt this company will pretend it's the fault of some rogue cs associate. 

Eula is a two way street. If eBay policies do not matter to eBay then I don't care about them either. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@waltemaris_xdff7vye 

< I reported a 32" frame TV >      

eBay will remove listings with significant policy violations on the occasion of a single reporting.  But eBay does not remove listings based on a single report of misinformation in the listing ... it takes a stack of them.  Even if a listing with an imperfect description slips by, buyers are protected by eBay's Money Back Guarantee.  

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Would I buy a TV on eBay and hope it makes it in shipping without breaking?

Sounds like no such TV would might even exist.

Buyers should know better...plus buying a TV here...well...we won't even go there.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

If you did not purchase one, eBay often won't take your word.  They won't check into the features of the item.

Listing violations like off site links in a listing to get removed if reported.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

No way I would by a NEW TV with only a 30 day warranty on Ebay.

More and more manufacturers are refusing to honor warranties on Ebay purchases.

Ebay is not going to pull down incorrect listings unless the seller has a history of buyer SNAD returns/

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I report illegal listings, even citing ebay policy (foreign seeds and plants),  and ebay will not remove those either. The seller gets around the violation by listing in the wrong category.

Nothing more you can do except not buy on ebay.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply