cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Removal of Negative Feedback

I purchased a new pair of shoes from a seller and was sent the wrong size.  The size I ordered was shown in upper case letters in the listing title.  I initiated a return, but the seller didn’t respond at all, even though eBay advised I’d be sent a return shipping label by the seller.  Eventually, eBay refunded me.  I thought the seller’s performance in this instance warranted negative feedback and I posted such feedback, giving a factual explanation for it.  In a very short time that feedback was removed by eBay.  What’s the point of a feedback system in which buyers aren’t allowed to post negative feedback for sellers whose poor performance is obvious? 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@rouleur,

If your feedback called the seller a scammer, thief... etc. or mentioned having to file a dispute in any way, that could be the reason for it being removed.

Otherwise one of the problems with ebay is that once a refund has been issued, they remove any subsequent negative feedback. Why they feel a refund makes things OK is anybody's guess, but they do do it for the higher volume sellers.

Your seller did pay a price, they lost the shoes and their money, and were charged the final value fees for the transaction, as well as receiving a defect on their account. That may not be as satisfying as being able to leave honest feedback, but it is something.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks for your prompt reply to my post.  

My comments were strictly factual.  I made no inflammatory remarks about the seller.  

That the seller made no effort at all to rectify the situation seemed to me to warrant negative feedback.  eBay does a lot of things that might qualify as irksome, and the removal of negative feedback in this instance is certainly among them.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Sad but the seller doesn't  have to do anything. You can get a refund without their help. You file a case and they can ignore or not respond because eBay doesn't force them to resolve it. The system is automatic. After no response you can ask eBay for the refund.  

They do get a defect if you had to ask eBay for help.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply