cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

defective purchase

I bought a baseball card, 1961 Hank Aaron, un graded for $170 plus fees and shipping.  I sent it to PSA and it came back the other day as trimmed.  So it is basically worthless.  I contacted the buyer and he basically said he did not know it was trimmed but no compensation.  Now what?  Any ideas?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

defective purchase

Click return this item and select not as described.  That has to happen less than 30 days from delivery.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

defective purchase

It it is within 30 days of receipt, you can file a not as described claim under the Ebay Guarantee.

If it is longer, you have learned a risk of buying ungraded cards and having them graded and reselling,

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

defective purchase

What is the sellers return policy.  Can you return for a refund?  Seller is not required to offer a partial refund, but may do so.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

defective purchase

@69heathery wrote:

What is the sellers return policy.  Can you return for a refund?  Seller is not required to offer a partial refund, but may do so.

The seller's return policy is irrelevant in the case of an item that is not as described.  The buyer is covered by  eBay's buyer protection  policy, which they call the "Money Back Guarantee"; they are entitled to a full refund, and if the seller wants the item back they can provide a return label.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

defective purchase

You can return it. But remember, its an honest mistake.

And you sell the same items. Careful what you do. Don't do tic for tac. Be very careful with feedback.

I would return it as NAD. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

defective purchase

I guess my thought (and I don't know about trading cards) is that since it was sold as ungraded that it really isn't NAD.  But I could be wrong:)

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

defective purchase

The item has a major flaw that wasn't revealed.  It's comparable to buying a used sweater and then receiving one that has a big hole in the back.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

defective purchase

Thanks... I learned a lesson

Message 9 of 9
latest reply