cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changes in watch list - how can I fix?

In recent days I have noticed two changes in my watch list.  Anyone else notice or have suggestions on how to go back to the way it used to work?

When I delete an item from my watch list, it refreshes and takes me back to first item on first page from watch list - even if item deltered was on page 2 or 3 from watch list.  It used to keep me in the same area on same watch list page.

When an item has ended and it has been relisted, it used to be that you would click on "see re-listed item" and it would go directly to new listing - now it takes you to the original listing instead of the relisted item.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

@greenacresks wrote:

In recent days I have noticed two changes in my watch list.  Anyone else notice or have suggestions on how to go back to the way it used to work?

When I delete an item from my watch list, it refreshes and takes me back to first item on first page from watch list - even if item deltered was on page 2 or 3 from watch list.  It used to keep me in the same area on same watch list page.

When an item has ended and it has been relisted, it used to be that you would click on "see re-listed item" and it would go directly to new listing - now it takes you to the original listing instead of the relisted item.

I found out yesterday that when I delete items from MY WATCH, after it deletes the item, I get the error message, sorry we cannot process your request.  Please try again later (or something to that effect).  This is new.  Also I deleted abou 20 or so items, and when I went to add items, it still said your Watch List is full, when it obviously wasn't.

But the click on relisted item has gone to the original listing for quite some time now.  You then have to click n the seller has relisted this item at the top of the original listing they show you (you do not have to click to see the original listing there).

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

----------------------------------------------

This is not just happening on ebay.com,

the same thing is happening to me on ebay UK.

I don't know why, but it's annoying.

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

thanks for adding comments.

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

thanks for adding comments

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

I still get the option to see relisted item. Not every seller relists the item, they do it as a sell similar and then it doesn't shoot that message. I think if it's set up as a GTC, it just reset a 30 day countdown.

What irritates me are the constant emails about something ending on my watch list that was removed days ago. It was removed for a reason. I don't care any more or it's been categorized into an existing list. Stop sending the emails. Jeesh
Message 6 of 23
latest reply

thanks
Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Also getting this issue, with watchlist reverting back to first page. An absolute pain!!

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

thanks for commenting

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

It annoys me too... what I do is right after I hit "Confirm" for the deletion I click the "x" at the side of the address bar (Internet Explorer) as soon as it shows up to prevent it from reloading.  Seems like every change ebay makes is geared to make users more miserable.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

Here is the work around for deleting items from your Watch List:

Put a check mark in the box on the left of the item you want to delete; leave it there.

Go down the page, putting the check next to anything you want to delete.

When you got to the bottom of the page, hit delete.  It will ask you, do you want to delete these x items?  Hit confirm.

Go through each successive page like that until you are done.

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

thanks for responding, but the procedure you sugges does not address the issue I mentioned.  Regardless if I delete each item individually, or check the box and then use the "group delete", ebay now takes me back to page 1 of my watch list, instead of keeping me on page 2, 3, 4, etc.

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

thanks for responding - 

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

@ergosphere wrote:

It annoys me too... what I do is right after I hit "Confirm" for the deletion I click the "x" at the side of the address bar (Internet Explorer) as soon as it shows up to prevent it from reloading.  Seems like every change ebay makes is geared to make users more miserable.

Ebay doesn't care about a watch list - after all, their chinese and big-box sellers don't buy anything on here.

I have the same issue as the OP. 

Both the deleting from watch list and the view relisted item behave the same as the OP.

It is *extremely* annoying and did not used to work like this.

Has anyone found a fix or submitted a ticket to see what the official response is?

Message 15 of 23
latest reply