cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

captcha descriptions

Why is eBay forcing me to fill out a captcha every time  I want to view the item description?

Yes, I am signed in, (I  checked 4 times)

Yes, I refreshed the page (I refreshed 4 times and still signed in)

No, I am not is "privet browser" mode, but that shouldn't  fricken matter, that is if all I'm doing is shopping. 

SELLERS: be on the alert. If potential buyers are unable to read the descriptions you entered, they are  less likely to buy. Believe me, this does affect your sales. I am not going to sign in to find out that "NO, that is NOT a fade mark in the widget -its a reflection in the camera... see the last photograph" I  am just going to assume it is a fade mark; because it's a hassle to sign a captcha to find  out  if my observation is correct. What next, buyers who are registered and all ready signed in, will have to sign a captcha to see the photos, the price, the shipping ?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

captcha descriptions

Ya... i'm fresh from shopping and saw that on most every item i clicked on...

however, the captcha carp doesn't work and I didn't get to see ANY descriptions...

shopping elsewhere today

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

captcha descriptions

I just received the same treatment. And after doing it, it still won't let me read the description.
So I lost interest and left.
That should help with our "sales", huh?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

captcha descriptions

I'm signed in but the capture won't take. Can't see descriptions on anything I might want to buy. Guess buyers will have to message sellers and ask for the description ...what a pain.

(Windows 10, fully updated versions of Edge, Firefox & Chrome ...none will accept the capture.)

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

captcha descriptions

It’s a glitch that eBay is working to fix. If you have the app there are no issues there at least none that I can see

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

captcha descriptions

Glad to know I'm not the only one having issues, and that may partially explain why sales have been down the last couple days! I did verify that the app is fine, just an issue on the desktop site.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

captcha descriptions

Capture issue is fixed but now no hover over pictures to enlarge areas. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

captcha descriptions

It’s a glitch that eBay is working to fix. 

@ebooksdiva 

I kept thinking it was part of.  or a result related to the "We are testing a new View Item experience on desktop" program mentioned in the pinned post by devon@ebay  LOL... 

It did nothing to simplify the user experience, and could not be considered a form of 'modernization' or explained away as a new industry standard. 

Perhaps next. your buyer will be required to put up a pre-selected payment source in order to look at the description?

After a week of mysteriously multiplying morphing business/shipping policies, unexplained increases in seller inventories generated by eBay bots, and the usual assortment of ongoing problems, I always wonder what will be next.   Surely, they will come up with something we never could even imagine. 

Stay tuned.  It is only Monday. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply