cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not bid

The seller stopped me from bidding on his coins Code#3008 and nether him nor eBay tell me why, I have only bought 75 + from him.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

can not bid

@khur6498,

Error code 3008 means the seller has blocked you for some reason. Since you seem to pay, and do not retract bids, the only reason I can think of that may be why you are blocked is that in their Buyer Requirements they may have set a limit on how many purchases a buyer can make in a specified amount of time.  You might try asking them to check their requirements and if they find you have exceeded their limits to raise the limit or place your username on their exemption list.

The only other reason why you may have been blocked by them may be that you have not left any feedback for them or any other sellers in over a year. They may be saying they do not know why you are blocked, but do not want to give you the real reason for doing that.   Maybe if you go back and start leaving them and other sellers feedback for purchases you've made in the last 60 days, they will remove the block.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

can not bid

Did you happen to bid on a a different persons auction at least twice in the last year and not pay? It would be totally unrelated to the seller your currently trying to bid with, but if they have thier account set up not to allow someone that has done 2 none payments in the last 12 months, it could be blocking you from bidding.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

can not bid

What did the notice you were blocked say? There are two kinds of buyer blocks: procedural and seller-initiated. Knowing what the notice said helps determine which is in play here.

Procedural blocks can be for unpaid item strikes, or sometimes sellers limit the number of items you can bid on or buy in a set period, usually 10 days. Seller-initiated blocks are when the seller decides they no longer want your business. Sellers can block buyers for any reason or no reason at all. Sellers have no requirement to tell you why you're blocked and eBay won't know the reason. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

can not bid

@khur6498,

Error code 3008 means the seller has blocked you for some reason. Since you seem to pay, and do not retract bids, the only reason I can think of that may be why you are blocked is that in their Buyer Requirements they may have set a limit on how many purchases a buyer can make in a specified amount of time.  You might try asking them to check their requirements and if they find you have exceeded their limits to raise the limit or place your username on their exemption list.

The only other reason why you may have been blocked by them may be that you have not left any feedback for them or any other sellers in over a year. They may be saying they do not know why you are blocked, but do not want to give you the real reason for doing that.   Maybe if you go back and start leaving them and other sellers feedback for purchases you've made in the last 60 days, they will remove the block.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 4
latest reply