cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buying

Why don't the seller give me a feedback asap, soon as I purchased an item?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

buying

Because feedback is VOLUNTARY.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

buying

Everyone does it a little differently.  

I personally send a thank you on the packing slip and another message is sent by ebay when I print the label.  Then I wait for the buyer to let me know if there is a problem or  to give me feedback to let me know everything is good.  I then give feedback to the buyer.

If the buyer doesn't leave feedback after delivery, I wait about month and then give it.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

buying

I leave feedback for sellers at a 99% rate. I receive feedback at maybe 40% lately.

I'd be more concerned about it if eBay gave me, say, a $1 credit for every positive feedback rating I received but, since I don't get anything for it, I don't even bother to keep track anymore.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

buying

Besides feedback being voluntary, why would you expect the seller to leave you feedback when the transaction is still so far from being over?

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

buying

@kimscruiser,

Some sellers have stopped leaving feedback because they receive so few in return. Others leave feedback in batches. Some stopped leaving it because all they can give a buyer is positive feedback, so all those who buy only have a 100% even the scammers and non payers. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

buying

Since buyer feedback doesn't mean much, some sellers don't leave it.

I leave feedback for my buyers, but not until they receive the item and had a few days to check it out.

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

buying

Not all seller leaves feedback. If they all do, people will be buying crazily for positives feedback.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

buying

Me too, I also leave feedback to buyers. I always hope with my finger cross to get a positive feedback back. haha
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

buying

For many sellers the transaction isn't completed until the package has been delivered.   All you did was pay which is expected for any transaction no matter the venue.   This is the only site that has feedback for buyers and it's meaningless since a  seller can only leave a positive. Since buyers can rate sellers in four categories it is reasonable to wait.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply