Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Bidding

How come every time I try to bid on a item now a screen pops up telling me I have to put in a credit card or have to have a PayPal account I don’t have a PayPal account and i only use eBay cards instead of my credit cards it makes it impossible to bi...

Is there Tax on a stamp & coin purchase.....?

Ebay is charging tax on a coin purchase.....I went to chat & after 10 minutes of back & forth , they said they will give a refund of the tax.....Why do we have to go & do that --Just program it into the coin section....Why waste my time with this.......

FEEDBACK REMOVAL

I left negative feedback for a truly bad seller. They asked and Ebay removed. Ebay did this without even knowing or understanding the circumstances. When does the buyer have rights? How can Ebay take away my right to leave a true and accurate feedbac...

EBAY WON'T ENFORCE ITS OWN RULES, WHY?

I reported a seller for violations three weeks ago and he is STILL selling on eBay! In EVERY ONE of his listings he tells buyers to NOT bid, says that all bids will be REMOVED, says that they can only buy his items OUTSIDE of eBay, that he won't use ...

sellers items don't exist

I tried to purchase item 12-10661-00318 (a gas rototiller) and I never received it. I contacted Ebay and the seller gave them a bad tracking number. I now see the the seller is selling 2 more of the same item for the same price. He is also selling a ...

User avatar by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Complete the purchase

I looked at something then this something appeared in my watchlist. I removed it from watchlist. However it is in the buying notification with “complete the purchase” order! No such item in my cart or in purchase history. Can anyone point out why thi...

Buying from a new Ebay user (action)

Hello All, I haven't participated in actions before but I might do that soonish as I see a potential interest in an item I want to bid on. BUT the thing is:1. The user is new and has 0 reviews2. It's an laptop and I need to ship it to my friends plac...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Condition is "New" - shady or something else?

I've seen a lot of listings that say Condition is "New" What does this mean when the word new is in quotes?Why would a seller do that? If it's new, it's new not "New"?

Resolved! False Advertising:

I recently bought and item from a seller who listed the item as Functional and in Very Good Condition. When the item arrived I unwrapped it and tried it out. Nothing completely Dead. I emailed the seller which said no returns and some effort on my pa...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 6 replies
  • 1 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors