Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Fake Christofle Teapot?

Does anyone know if a Christofle piece would have no markings and a “made in Japan”sticker?

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Potentially scam?

I recently bought a Galaxy S9 off of eBay and the day after I bought it I received and email saying "We're writing to let you know that we've removed an item you recently won". I paid for the item but not with PayPal because the buyer didn't accept i...

What is the best "treasure" you've purchased on ebay?

For me, it was the time I found an old family photo from the early 1900s - it was identified with some other information written on back, and helped our family in our genealogy research. Spent a few dollars on it, but priceless to us. With so many un...

I was sent BED BUGS

BED BUGS came with some clothing I ordered from an EBay Store. I have tried messaging the seller, but they are not returning my messages. EBay won't let me leave feedback to warn other buyers. Can't find where I can message Ebay about this. What can ...

Multiple item teaser pricing loophole!

This one gets me. I've pointed it to ebay on the phone but some vendors still play this game - mostly (all?) China. As buyer, I'll search on small electronics that are practically commodities and sort by price. Example: hunting for a battery powered ...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 6 replies
  • 1 helpful

Partial Refund

So I bought a lot of 32 vhs tapes on ebay. They were listed as good condition. I had asked the seller if there was any mold in them before I purchased them. The seller responded wih no. When I received them, SOME of them were not as described. SOME o...

Buyer wanting to sell privatly not from ebay

Recently I received an email from a person who claimed I was one of her best buyers and even though she is not on ebay any more, would I like to buy from her personally. Her seller name sounded familiar and I responded saying that if she went back on...

Resolved! Is it true you can't mention INR in a negative feedback?

I read this a couple places, but am not able to find the official source where it states you should not mention an INR in feedback. I just opened an INR after the seller lead me on for 2 weeks that he'd ship it, and still has yet to ship it. I do wan...

Rant on selling clothing

I do not know why people put clothes on the floor to sell them. It does not make any sense.

Seller requesting more money

Wondering what the policy is about sellers requesting more money for postage. I purchased a lot in February. I was told that one of the larger items would be shipped separately a little bit later and that she would pay for it to be sent. I have recei...

• 18 replies
  • 1 helpful

NO "ETHICS" OR ENFORCEMENT WHATSOEVER!

Bought item from seller, no response to question re: shipping. A week later, eBay contacts seller on my behalf, tells him I'd like to cancel purchase. Seller immediately replies and says (only because eBay contacted him) that he "already shipped the ...

Resolved! Multiple bad buying experiences lately

I know this is a weird question,BUT I recently purchase an item from a seller in Canada- no biggy right? After looking at his purchases, I noticed he was buying in multiples from another Canadian seller. (all of his purchases were from this same sell...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buyers (0) top buyers?!

Last week, I was surprised to lose auctions, to a large amounts, in favor of buyers with ... zero items won. Like e *** i (0). He has won 2 items, but still remains on a ... zero. Some people notice that it retracts the bids! Who are these headlines,...

• 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Auction start time glitch--any idea what's going on?

When I save an item that's part of a live ebay auction in my 'watched items' list , it shows an incorrect start time/day. When I click on the title and go to the actual item page, it shows the correct start time. I've tried more than once to 'discuss...

auction1.jpg auction2.jpg
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Item not as described, should I just move on?

Back in January the headphone jack on my iPod went out and it was cheaper to just buy another iPod than to get it fixed so I started looking on eBay for a replacement. I ordered one that was listed as "new in box" and "never been used" and I was will...

• 48 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors