cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero customs charges

I want to buy an item from outside of the EU and listings says Zero customs charges 

What that means for me as a buyer from EU?

Thanks 

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Zero customs charges

It means there are no import fees because the item is below the value when they are added.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Zero customs charges

Does that means I won't have to pay anything other then price and shipping cost?

Thanks 

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Zero customs charges

Plus state and local sales tax. If it is a buy it now item, you can view all the fees being added at checkout before purchasing.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Zero customs charges

I once before bought an item from UK and was charged tax at checkout.

Is that going to happened also here, meaning I can't buy anything from someone outside EU, without eBay automatically charging me tax at checkout?

Thanks 

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Zero customs charges

Yes, your state and local sales tax is now added to every purchase regardless where it's coming from.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Zero customs charges

There's a difference between tax and customs charges. EBay charges the state sales tax of your state on every purchase, no matter where it's coming from. Customs charges are applied by the US government on purchases from other countries and are dependent on the cost of what you purchase. Typically up to $800 declared value is exempt from customs charges.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Zero customs charges

Where in the listing does the listing say zero custom charges?  If the item is being sent through the global shipping program from the US or UK and states that there are no import charges than you won't be charged when the item is delivered to you.  If it not being sent through the global shipping program, there is no guarantee that there won't be any charges when delivered.

If it isn't being sent through global shipping, eBay will add on VAT if you are purchasing from outside of the EU but you will see that when you go to checkout.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Zero customs charges

Your registration address is in the US.  Why are you saying you are a "buyer from the EU" who wants to buy an item "from outside the EU"?   If you are actually from the EU you should be asking this on one of the eBay websites for a country within the EU who would be familiar with the practices there.

WHERE on the listing does it say "Zero customs charges"?   Can you post a screen shot?

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Zero customs charges

The $800 value is for buyers in the US. The op buyer is in the EU.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Zero customs charges

IMG_2801.jpeg

IMG_2800.jpeg

Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/276394491546?itmmeta=01HSRDFEATEAXSPR520TQWRHH6&hash=item405a653e9a:g:IjIAA...

I wish item to order to EU to Estonia.

Thankyou at advance.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Zero customs charges

Zero customs charges

Customs charges are charged from your own country. You will need to ask your postal service/ government and see if they can help.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Zero customs charges

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply