cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow search is really broken

No matter what I search for, using the specifier "sort: lowest price + shipping" most certainly doesn't turn up the lowest priced items first (not even further down)... Funny once I click in a listing, I can find lower priced items in the "sponsored" section...

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

The "Price plus shipping: lowest first" sort order provides filtered results -- often drastically filtered. And the option to "see more results" may not always be shown as it should. The filtering may vary depending on the keywords used.

If you encounter a drastically filtered result for a keyword search using a desktop browser, you should be able to use the "Feedback" link in the lower right corner of the search results to provide feedback on your search to eBay developers. The more users provide info, the more likely something is to be done about the over-filtration problem.

You can avoid that problem entirely by using a different sort order.

If you have few results, try sorting by "highest first", then starting at the end of the results, scroll up instead of down. This also avoids the problem of variation listings with low-cost variations appearing at the top of the lowest-first sort.

If you have a bookmarked or saved lowest-first search that you use a lot, you can avoid the filtration by adding the following to the end of the search URL, then saving the resulting search:

&_blrs=recall_filtering

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@eburtonlab wrote:

The "Price plus shipping: lowest first" sort order provides filtered results -- often drastically filtered. And the option to "see more results" may not always be shown as it should. The filtering may vary depending on the keywords used.

If you encounter a drastically filtered result for a keyword search using a desktop browser, you should be able to use the "Feedback" link in the lower right corner of the search results to provide feedback on your search to eBay developers. The more users provide info, the more likely something is to be done about the over-filtration problem.

You can avoid that problem entirely by using a different sort order.

If you have few results, try sorting by "highest first", then starting at the end of the results, scroll up instead of down. This also avoids the problem of variation listings with low-cost variations appearing at the top of the lowest-first sort.

If you have a bookmarked or saved lowest-first search that you use a lot, you can avoid the filtration by adding the following to the end of the search URL, then saving the resulting search:

&_blrs=recall_filtering

Oooo that was really helpful thank you so much!
I knew about the first part, but I didn't realize highest first voids those pesky variation listings, that is definitely helpful as well as the &_blrs... url modifier.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You are very welcome!

One of the benefits of searching using alternative search techniques is that you can often avoid many of the irrelevant listings that sellers try to push to the top of more typical search sorts.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply