cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst customer relations ever

I was supposed to receive my order of a automotive bidirectional scanner on the 18th. Ut states uts been delivered. Has not showed up yet its now the 24th. I have spent days on the phone with cs who are absolutely rude and do quite the opposite of help by any means. I have thus filed missing package reports with post office as well as ebay. Ive been told on 2 separate occasions my refund was being processed which turns out was a flat out lie have been hung on multiple times. Everytime I complete what I'm told needs to be done to get my refund there is something else. At this point how does one get above the customer service team to get this resolved @innone 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Is there actual tracking indicating that it has been delivered?

If so, you  need to proceed in this fashion:  Contact the carrier who marked it as delivered.  They will have a record of the actual address to which it was delivered.  They will not tell you that address, but will tell you whether or not it was your address.  You will need to get that information in writing on their company letterhead and present it to eBay.

There's also the possibility of a porch pirate.  

Regarding eBay CS reps, it has been the experience of many eBayers that they'll tell you anything you want to hear so they can move to the caller. However, the actual delivery process is the responsibility of the carrier, not of eBay and you know that, right? 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@misch_986271,

"I have spent days on the phone with cs who are absolutely rude and do quite the opposite of help by any means". 

If you searched online and found an ebay customer service number, it was a fake one. The only way you can get that number is from the bottom of an ebay page under the Help & Contact header. Even then you will have to fill out a bunch of info before you can request a call back from an ebay rep.  Then because of the Delivered scan they will not be able to help you, because they are not trained to deal with a fake tracking number scam.

If you open the link below and click on the Go to Best Answer button, there will be info on why ebay will turn down an item not received dispute at first, then how to get the information you need to win an appeal, written by me.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/Fake-Tracking-information/m-p/34266951#M475809

"I have thus filed missing package reports with post office as well as ebay".

Filing a missing package claim with the USPS will not help you. They will look for the label's address and check the GPS location of the delivered scan, and tell you it was delivered. They will not tell you the address of that delivery.  If you filed an Item Not Received (INR) dispute through ebay, it will be turned down, because of the Delivered scan, which is all that ebay's automated INR system is allowed to access from tracking info.

There would only be one way to win an appeal without having to do the leg work required to win an appeal, and that would be if the zip code of the Delivered scan is not yours.  In that case use the Appeal button in the message you receive telling you the dispute was closed. When you appeal you can add a screen shot of the tracking info, and point out that the zip code of the delivery was not yours.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 3
latest reply