cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won some actions and now buyer ask a lot for shipping

Your previous message

when i asked what does double price means you said 5 gbp for the games and when i asked price for game genie you said 8gbp and that will combine the shipping cost

i feel like that you just are unhappy with the price you sold the items and want to make some money from the shipping

How much where you expecting?I quoted £8 for the game genie and double postage for each game

Your previous message

Hello!

Please send me the correct invoice you accidentally ask 22gbp for shipping 😄
Thank for your time!

Postage £8 - I would combine postage and give a discount on postage

Your previous message

great thanks!and shipping cost for Game Genie?

Yes shipping to Europe will be £5

Your previous message

what do you mean double shipping cost? im not able to see any price

Double shipping costs No buy it now sorry

Your previous message

hello!
how much will be the shipping cost to Greece?do you have a buy now price?

I won an 4 actions one for gameboy game genie + 3 games now the buyer (from UK) asks for 22gbp shipping something that its really a lot!

Above is the dialogue we had before and after i got the invoice (read from bottom to top red for the answer)

Do you think its my mistake? what should i do know? 

i want the items but not willing to pay twice the price of the actuall shipping cost

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

@kostas294,

You should get shipping quotes to your location PRIOR to bidding or buying.  Once you bid and buy, you are committed to the price of item and cost of shipping that seller gives you.

Per eBay policy, if you do not pay, you risk an Unpaid Item Strike.  Depedning on the number of transaction, if you have two Unpaid Item Strikes, you are restricted from bidding on eBay and can only purchase items that require immediate payment for about a year.

So you need to decide how to proceed.  You have two options: don't pay and receive unpaid item strike for each transaction,  Or Pay.

I am not an eBay employee. I'm a US eBay Community Mentor.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

I see this is a sale where the item is located in England, and I assume you are in a different country. I'm not familiar with international shipping from another country, but I am familiar with international shipping from the US.

From the US, if this was an international sale through the "Global Shipping Program" to another country, then yes, there will be what you call double shipping. Using the Global Shipping Program, there is one charge to mail the item to the Global Shipping Center, and then another charge (which the seller has no idea how much that charge is) to the Global Shipping Program. I don't know if this is what happened with your sale, but you might review all the details of your sale to see if this is what happened to you.

If that is not the case, then the seller should honor the agreed upon shipping price. If the seller doesn't honor that, I believe you could contact ebay through the resolution center to try to resolve this.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

But the buyer cleary says it will be 8gbp for the biggest item and that he will combine shipping cost right?

And then asks for 22gbp which is cleary a lot, thats almost the price to send them  separate

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

@candd205

No he doesnt use Global Shipping Program. within europe its not so common because we dont have customs tax or something its like sending it between states

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Combined shipping does NOT mean discounted shipping. Adding all items into one package can very often make shipping more expensive than shipping separately.

I'm not familiar with UK Post rates, but if adding all the items in one package puts it into a higher weight class, then yes, it will be more expensive, sometimes a lot more for an international package.

Having said that...what this guy is saying about "double postage"...I have no clue.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

By double shipping he means double  the shipping cost he had for uk, he explains it his last message

Each game is 2.40 postage I said double that for Europe

Then genie is £8 Europe postage

I undestand that for more items shipping might be higher but still,  2kg package from uk costs like 10-12gbp max.

i have many orders from there, almost weekly pretty much i know the costs

if he had said its a little bit bigger so it will cost 10-12 instead of 8 i would be ok with that, 22gbp its not reasonable price. he just added 8 for the bigger item plus 5 for each game like he gonna ship them separate

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

When you asked him for the quote, did you tell him exactly how many items you were planning to win? Because it sounds like you won multiple items but didn’t tell him that you were bidding on more then 2 items when you asked for the quote & he gave number for 2.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 8 of 19
latest reply

You are the buyer but you keep referring to the seller as buyer. Buyers do not give shipping prices sellers do. Sellers do not win auctions buyers do.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

I won an 4 actions one for gameboy game genie + 3 games now the buyer SELLER (from UK) asks for 22gbp shipping something that its really a lot!

Above is the dialogue we had before and after i got the invoice (read from bottom to top red for the answer)

Do you think its my mistake? what should i do know? 

i want the items but not willing to pay twice the price of the actuall shipping cost

**********************************************************************************************************

Changed that as YOU are the buyer and you were referring to the SELLER.

Don't bid until you are sure what the shipping is and that you are willing to pay it as your bid is a binding contract to purchase the item.  If you get a non paying strike by this seller, you may be unable to buy from most seller as you could be blocked.

What should you do now?  Pay for your items!

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

@kostas294 wrote:

But the buyer SELLER  cleary says it will be 8gbp for the biggest item and that he will combine shipping cost right?

And then asks for 22gbp which is cleary a lot, thats almost the price to send them  separate

Editing to correct to seller.

YOU are the BUYER.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Yeah you are right i confused, usually im asking help for problems i have with buyers thats why 😄

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

But after he said 5 for the gameboy cartidge i asked the shipping cost for the big item (game genie)  Postage £8 - I would combine postage and give a discount on postage

so i thought it was obvious that shipping cost would be if not 8  just a little bit more.

am i right?

i feel he just wanna make some extra money because he isnt happy with the price he get

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

@kostas294 wrote:

But after he said 5 for the gameboy cartidge i asked the shipping cost for the big item (game genie)  Postage £8 - I would combine postage and give a discount on postage

so i thought it was obvious that shipping cost would be if not 8  just a little bit more.

am i right?

i feel he just wanna make some extra money because he isnt happy with the price he get

No. I don't think you are right. He quoted you per item from the sounds of it, especially considering he had no way of knowing how many auction you would acutally win. £8 for the game genie and £5 for a game. You won 3 games. Thats £23 shipping right there and hes charging you £22. Pay the seller.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Also you are having them shipped internationally. There may be 2 parts to the shipping cost you are receiving. 1st is the cost of the shipping label and 2nd is the importation fees.  The seller would not see the 2nd part and that could be why the fee is higher than what he quoted. However i think the last person is correct that the seller meant 5 per game. Why don't you message him asking him to explain the cost?

Message 15 of 19
latest reply