cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Ebay charging sales tax on the shipping cost?????

Why is Ebay charging sales tax on the shipping cost????? I thought we were only taxed on the product itself. 

Message 1 of 79
latest reply
78 REPLIES 78

@cathom-8403 

This doesn't answer the question about tax on top of shipping!!!

The answer to the question can be found in the very first reply in this now 75-reply long, six month old thread.

Message 76 of 79
latest reply

Just checked. Michigan law requires tax be collected for shipping on all taxable goods ordered . In my case it's the state not eBay! Check your state tax laws it's much easier than going through all this nonsense.
Message 77 of 79
latest reply

@cathom-8403 wrote:
Just checked. Michigan law requires tax be collected for shipping on all taxable goods ordered . In my case it's the state not eBay! Check your state tax laws it's much easier than going through all this nonsense.

Literally the very first response said that it was based on state laws and provided a link. 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 78 of 79
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 79 of 79
latest reply