cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did eBay remove tracking numbers from the purchases screen?

Why would you make it harder to match up purchases with orders? When I receive eBay packages, the ONLY way I have to tell which box is for which purchase, is by the tracking number, and I used to ctrl+f on my "ready for feedback" screen to quickly match up boxes to orders and leave feedback. I purchase many similar items, so I can't tell which is which just from the contents, and the emails dont have tracking numbers in them either. 

It's now a thing where I have to open several tabs and check each order page manually to match the tracking number to the purchase, so I can leave feedback and confirm I received what I paid for. It's not like you guys even saved any space on the screen to provide more information. You just left it a blank space while making the order page many more times harder to use. You are litterally punishing me for making multiple purchases in a short time, why would you actively make it harder to spend more money on your site?

This was probably the biggest gripe I had with Mercari, that besides the 3day feedback limit and no partial refunds, their orders screen doesn't show tracking numbers which makes it harder to match packages to orders, HOWEVER, Mercari usually has the order# printed on the shipping label which does give me an easier way to match things up. Now with eBay removing tracking numbers from the purchase overview, Mercari is now the faster and easier service when it comes to leaving feedback for multiple orders and that is FREAKING PATHETIC.

I am literally stunned by the idiocy of this. Wasting time by making it ten times harder for me to leave feedback, hurts your bottom line, cause even if I didn't consider this an affect on where I'll spend my money going forward (Hint: It absolutely will), you're literally slowing down my ability to spend money here.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@ktastic wrote:

Why would you make it harder to match up purchases with orders? When I receive eBay packages, the ONLY way I have to tell which box is for which purchase, is by the tracking number, and I used to ctrl+f on my "ready for feedback" screen to quickly match up boxes to orders and leave feedback. I purchase many similar items, so I can't tell which is which just from the contents, and the emails dont have tracking numbers in them either. 

It's now a thing where I have to open several tabs and check each order page manually to match the tracking number to the purchase, so I can leave feedback and confirm I received what I paid for. It's not like you guys even saved any space on the screen to provide more information. You just left it a blank space while making the order page many more times harder to use. You are litterally punishing me for making multiple purchases in a short time, why would you actively make it harder to spend more money on your site?

I agree that the "blank space" makes no sense, but, the "open several tabs" has me a little perplexed.

If you click "See Order Details" you can see the order, see the tracking number, and leave the feedback all from that page.

It entails 1 click... I am a creature of habit, but I find this easier to see the description, title, and tracking number and ability to leave feedback all on one page.....

Not being critical, just saying............

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

"When I receive eBay packages, the ONLY way I have to tell which box is for which purchase, is by the tracking number ..."

No packing slips in any of the packages?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

No, less than 10% of all purchases I've made include a packing slip. Perhaps even less than that.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

If I have 20 boxes from 20 different orders to leave feedback for, how am I supposed to know which order link is for which box without opening the page you mentioned first? That's the thing. It only requires one click if I know which order by looking at the box, and the only way to do that was by looking at the tracking number, since the order number, listing name, username, price I paid, etc are not printed on the box, and since most people don't print packing slips, they aren't inside the box either.

And usually those 20 purchases are all similar items with the only difference being quantity or other smaller factors that cant be easily distinguished.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Clicking on 'View Order Details' does NOT show tracking numbers like you stated. Not sure why you would state that if it is not true. 

'View Order Details' does show:

1) Shipping Service details.

2) and Carrier details.

...... but not tracking numbers.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply