cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird long automatic message

Hi

I use the eBay app and messaged a seller about two items that I purchased, asking if they’re gonna ship out the item any time soon. However in response, I got this very long automatic message that just listed all the past messages the seller and I had sent to each other. The long automatic message started with this:  td.product-details-block{word-break:break-all}.threeColumns{width:140px !important}.threeColumnsTd{padding:10px 20px !important}.fourColumns{width:158px !important}.fourColumnsPad{padding: 0 18px 0 0 !important}.fourColumnsTd{padding:10px 0px !important}.twoColumnSixty{width:360px

important}table{mso-table-lspace:0pt; mso-table-rspace:0pt;}

I’m just very confused right now and I don’t know whether I have been blocked by the seller or the seller had deactivated or deleted their account? I just need help with figuring out why I got such a message.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

All you will get from trying to figure out such a message will be a giant headache.

There was an estimated delivery date seen in the listing.  If that date has passed, you can open an item not received case and have 30 days to do so with eBay.  If that date is still in the future, all you need to do is sit back and await the arrival.  There is no reason or need to ask a seller when they're going to ship. Many sellers do not reply to such messages and it's not required that they do so.  All you really need to know is the last estimated delivery date as stated above.  

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I understand where you’re coming from, I didn’t really see it from that perspective. I’m still waiting to see if there will be any more updates or if the items will arrive any day now. Although I was looking for a response that was a bit more relatable…

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@nanw-64,

"I use the eBay app and messaged a seller about two items that I purchased, asking if they’re gonna ship out the item any time soon. However in response, I got this very long automatic message that just listed all the past messages the seller and I had sent to each other".

The reply by sohmaryl, is correct if the last estimated delivery date has not passed, there is nothing you can do until it has by 24 hours. Before you do anything, you should read the terms and time frames for using ebay's Money Back Guarantee (MBG). 

The message issue may have happened, if you are using an older version of the App. You can try logging into ebay the classic way with your username and password, using your devices browser, to check your messages, or you can try uninstalling the app, and install it again. 

Since you are registered in the U.K. but have posted your issue on the U.S. based site (ebay.com) you may have been redirected to this site because you opened a U.S. seller's listing, and the app is logging you into this site automatically, that is why you got the odd message display. 

Check your address/URL bar to see if it has ebay.co.uk or not. That is the address for the U.K. site.  If you see ebay.com in the address, use the link below to be taken back to the U.K. site. Then maybe you will be able to see your messages displayed normally.

www.ebay.co.uk 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 4
latest reply