cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ugh… just received a counterfeit Lego set

Okay, I know that I can and will return the item, and will mark the return reason appropriately, but anything else I should do?  I’m really annoyed - I bought the Lego Titanic, discounted because one bag had been opened, and the box was gone.  So, I saved a few hundred, but I’d finally have the set.  I was so bummed when I opened the box - definitely a knock off.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know that set and know that fake LEGOs are a huge problem. Sorry that happened to you.

The fact that the box was gone on a collector set should have been a red flag.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Beyond opening a case and getting your refund, you might want to report the seller to Lego. If Lego is an eBay VERO member it will alert them to the seller so they can request that eBay remove the seller's other Lego listings. VERO reports from the rights holder are the only way to get counterfeits removed.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Thanks.  Just stinks that I’m going to send this item, and he’ll just dupe the next guy.  My guess is that the item shipped to me was also a return.  The one bag open is because someone else only needed to open one bag to know that it was a fake.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know that set and know that fake LEGOs are a huge problem. Sorry that happened to you.

The fact that the box was gone on a collector set should have been a red flag.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@powell-memorabilia,

"The one bag open is because someone else only needed to open one bag to know that it was a fake".

Does your seller list many Lego items, if they do not, there could be other reasons why the set had no box and an open bag.  If the seller does sell Lego sets regularly, then I would leave appropriate feedback stating that their missing box Lego items may be fake. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Dude sells a max amount of legos - lots of the titanic sets.  I lost an auction on one, which became an offer to buy one with a busted box, then to buy one with no box.

In subsequent eBay messages, this seller admits to selling a lot of “aftermarket” sets, and he usually remembers to tell the buyers that they are aftermarket, which he did not do with me.  

This guy absolutely knows what he is doing.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Definitely report him to Lego.   Open up that return and make sure that you follow the prompts. Remember it's an item NOT described case.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@powell-memorabilia wrote:

Dude sells a max amount of legos - lots of the titanic sets.  I lost an auction on one, which became an offer to buy one with a busted box, then to buy one with no box.

In subsequent eBay messages, this seller admits to selling a lot of “aftermarket” sets, and he usually remembers to tell the buyers that they are aftermarket, which he did not do with me.  

This guy absolutely knows what he is doing.

@powell-memorabilia,

That info should have been in your first post.  If the seller is listing their items as "Legos" and not something like "Lego compatible set" what you received is not as described, as the last post stated.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@kathiec wrote:

Beyond opening a case and getting your refund, you might want to report the seller to Lego. If Lego is an eBay VERO member it will alert them to the seller so they can request that eBay remove the seller's other Lego listings. VERO reports from the rights holder are the only way to get counterfeits removed.

Their right you need to tell Lego there strict on that and will help you we got it done in a shop and they wouldn't take them back so I found out it was we knew where it was so we took it to Lego 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply