cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspicious car seller

Id like to know or veriry if those informations are true  about a car I want buy . I got doubt about it 

eBay sent this message to Hubert Bonhomme. Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay.

eBay Motors - Purchase Protection - Order ID MQW543JKHM1307

Dear xx, eBay Seller xx started the transaction through eBay FPS Vehicle Purchase Protection Program! After verifying the membership of this specific member and confirming his overall good standing, we have approved the development of this transaction, based on Seller's purchase protection account on file with eBay Safety Department.

Item: 2009 Toyota Camry SE [ DMV Vehicle Inspected / Clear Title] Estimated delivery Quantity Price Insurance 3 days Free Shipping 1 $1,500.00 Yes

Deposit: $1,500.00 Remaining balance: $0.00
Total: $1,500.00

How to make the payment
Payment must be submitted via eBay Cards services and they can be purchased with cash, debit card or credit card at thousands of stores nationwide.
Through eBay Cards services we can guarantee you 100% protection and insurance in this transaction. eBay will secure the payment until the buyer receives, inspects and accepts the item. Or, if it will be the case, eBay will refund the payment to the buyer.
How do I load funds using eBay Cards Service? eBay Cards needs to be completed at any CVS Pharmacy, Rite Aid, 7 Eleven, Hy Vee, Walgreens, Safeway, Kroger and some of the most popular retailers nationwide.

You can add only up to $500.00 onto a ”eBay Card”. For your purchase you need to buy as many eBay Cards as you need in order to complete the total price of the item (For example: For a payment of $1,500.00 you need to buy 3 ”eBay Cards” of $500.00).

In order to avoid any mistakes please be careful to buy the eBay Cards (see example below).

Once you bought the eBay Cards and loaded the debit, you have to confirm your payment either online by replying to this email the scratch off pin (13-digit Redemption Code on the back of the card) either you can call us at: 1 (866) 505-4111
The funds will not be released under any circumstances. We will hold the payment until you will send us the confirmation that you have received, inspected and you agree to keep the vehicle. When we will have your confirmation we will transfer the funds to your seller.

How it works?
Buyer and seller agree to terms : Both parties agree to terms of the transaction, which includes a description of the item, sale price and number of days for the buyer's inspection. Buyer deposit payment to eBay : The Buyer submits a payment, our agency verifies the payment. Processing time for payments is 12 hours. eBay sends item to Buyer : Upon payment verification we start the shipping and submit tracking information. eBay verifies that the Buyer receives the item. Buyer receives item : The Buyer has 7 days to verify the item and the option to accept or reject. eBay pays the Seller. The transaction is complete. If the Buyer is not satisfied, she must notify our agency with the item issues, after the inspection period. A solution to most problems can usually be negotiated between the Buyer and Seller. If this is not possible, the buyer will receive the money from our trust account. In case the Buyer refuse to continue the transaction with the Seller from other reasons, our agency will return the funds to the Buyer in maximum 24 hours depending by his location and also the available payment method.

Protection and refund:
Once the item is delivered, the buyer has ( 7 ) days inspection period. After the inspection period is over, the buyer will contact eBay with the results of the inspection. If, for any reason, the item does not pass the Purchaser's inspection, it will be returned to the seller, on seller's expense and the funds will be returned to the buyer, in full in within 24 hours.
For safety reasons the payment details will be dealt with the utmost security and will not be handed to any third parties. eBay will be in full control of the funds as soon as it reaches our trust fund account, so we will be able to protect and guarantee your funds. Once the funds have been sent to our trust fund account, no one but the Purchaser will have access to it. eBay will release the funds to the Seller only after the Purchaser receives and agrees with the item.
For any questions call eBay Customer Support Center at: 1 (866) 505-4111 or reply to this invoice.
We are available at the following hours: 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM Mountain Time Monday through Friday 6:00 AM to 4:00 PM Mountain Time Saturday and Sunday.
Copyright © 2017 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc. eBay Inc. is located at 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Suspicious car seller

Was the vehicle found on Craigs List?

Its a common scam found on Craigs List.

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Suspicious car seller

@huberbonhomm_0

Suspicious? Yes.

THIS IS A SCAM.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Suspicious car seller

...and the GUARANTEED DELIVERY PROGRAM is involved in this?

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Suspicious car seller

It's a scam, I found this article by looking up the phone number on the bottom of an "invoice" that's identical to the one you posted. Same car too. 

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Suspicious car seller

Its a scam. They tried to get me too. Same mint black 09 camry. 

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Suspicious car seller

TOTAL SCAM!!!

The e-mail is NOT from eBay, the phone number is NOT from eBay and payments are NOT made with "eBay cards" purchased at a local store.

Bottom line:  Do not pay any money.  There is no car!

~~C~~ 

My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Suspicious car seller

Suspicious car seller

SCAM!!

This is where grammar becomes your friend.

There are several grammatical errors in the message.

A sure sign of a fake email.

Any time you are unsure, send the message to spoof@ebay.com

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Suspicious car seller

I just got a similar email (with same text)  from a Donna Myers after finding the  car on Craiglist from Simi Valley in Ventura County, CA. I saw the same car (Toyota Camry 2009 with 73000 miles) for $1500.  It sounded legitimate at first but too good to be true.  So after multiple emails back and forth was told that eBay was going the broker the deal and I would receive the instructions from them on where to send the money. The next day, I receive an email from eBay Motors - Purchase Protection from the FPS Vehicle Purchase Protection Program instructing me to purchase 3 $500 eBay Gift Cards and send back the cards scratched off pin number to Ebay provided in the email I got.  In the attachment it stated "If I had any questions I could call eBay Customer Support Center at 1-866 505-4111" . After googling the number I found out that it was a SCAM. I contacted eBay and was told that also that it was a SCAM since they do not provide any warranty for cars sold outside of eBay. 

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Suspicious car seller

@aksupply2015 wrote:

I just got a similar email (with same text)  from a Donna Myers after finding the  car on Craiglist from Simi Valley in Ventura County, CA. I saw the same car (Toyota Camry 2009 with 73000 miles) for $1500.  It sounded legitimate at first but too good to be true.  So after multiple emails back and forth was told that eBay was going the broker the deal and I would receive the instructions from them on where to send the money. The next day, I receive an email from eBay Motors - Purchase Protection from the FPS Vehicle Purchase Protection Program instructing me to purchase 3 $500 eBay Gift Cards and send back the cards scratched off pin number to Ebay provided in the email I got.  In the attachment it stated "If I had any questions I could call eBay Customer Support Center at 1-866 505-4111" . After googling the number I found out that it was a SCAM. I contacted eBay and was told that also that it was a SCAM since they do not provide any warranty for cars sold outside of eBay. 

Ebay doesn't supply warranties period, nor do they arrange vehicle sales or handle any part of the transaction.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Suspicious car seller

@aksupply2015
You can try to help ebay shut down the scam by forwarding the email to car@ebay.com
More info in link below 

http://pages.motors.ebay.com/buy/security/index.html

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Suspicious car seller

@missjen831 wrote:

@aksupply2015 wrote:

Ebay doesn't supply warranties period, nor do they arrange vehicle sales or handle any part of the transaction.

And there ISN'T an "ebay warehouse".

Suspicious car seller

I agree, scam.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply