cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no way to turn off "recently viewed" item notifications without also turning off watched items

There is a thread from years ago and it is embarrassingly still not resolved. @

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-My-Account/quot-Recently-viewed-item-quot-email-spam/td-p/2549...

PLEASE PROVIDE A WAY TO TURN OFF NOTIFICATIONS FOR ITEMS THAT ARE NOT WATCHED.

IF I WANT NOTIFICATIONS I WILL SELECT THE "ADD TO WATCHLIST" OPTION.

THESE ARE TWO DISTINCTLY DIFFERENT CATEGORIES.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Still no way to turn off "recently viewed" item notifications without also turning off watched items

I find ignoring them and deleting quite satisfying

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I do not find it cathartic or satisfying. It is just annoying. I will probably uninstall the ebay app shortly. The last thing I need is some dumb **bleep** notification about some item I have no interest in vibrating my phone at 1 am.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I think it's annoying too. There is a point when you have to live with it or turn off all notifications coming from the app and it's an unnecessary choice to be forced into. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply