cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Square Trade protection plan

How do I buy a square trade protection plan on electronics item after the purchase has already been made just minutes ago? 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I believe that you have to check the box in the listing at before you purchase the item. If the option is no longer there after the purchase, you'll probably have to go to the Square Trade website and see if you can purchase it there. Read any terms carefully before you purchase a plan. Sometimes they don't cover what you're led to believe.

Here's the eBay help page on SquareTrade:

https://pages.ebay.com/buyerprotection/squaretrade.html

And here's what you might be looking for. I've never purchased one, so I can't confirm how the process works.

How do I purchase a SquareTrade warranty?

If the item you are purchasing qualifies for SquareTrade Warranty, you have the option to purchase it directly from the item description page prior to checkout. After checkout, you can still purchase it from the payment confirmation page or through your post-purchase reminder email.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

(... found this 7-fold pathway by ‘Trial-and-Success’, enjoy  🙂

1. Copy your item’s 12-digit ‘eBay Item #’ in your computer's 'Edit/Copy' function.

2. Click the ‘x-year protection plan’ SquareTrade link (under item price) if Seller has more in stock.

3. If you purchased a unique item (i.e. Seller has no more in stock + the SquareTrade link has disappeared in your purchase records), just find ANY eBay item w/ SquareTrade and click ITS 'x-year protection plan' link.

3. At the bottom left of the Squaretrade pop-up window that appears, click ‘Learn more’.

4. Scroll down the page that appears (eBay ‘Protect your purchase with SquareTrade’ page) and click the link: ‘Find available plans by eBay item number’.

5. Enter/paste your item’s 12-digit eBay Item # into the search box and press ‘Search’.

6. On the ‘Available Plans For Your Recent Purchase(s)’ page, select the plan(s) you're interested in (2- or 3- year, etc.) and press ‘See plans’.

7. A ‘Buy It Now’ listing page will pop up, to let you buy coverage for your item (up to 30 days after purchasing).

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

good afternoon 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply