cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sellers who lack details in their ads

I e-mailed 3 individuals about motorcycle seats and not one answered. Every single ad had no measurements. I e-mailed a 4th individual, asking for a measurement and the answer I received was , 'It should fit motorcycles before 2012", which is not true.  The question was simple, measure the approximate length. If it was even close to what I wanted, that was a $400 sale for that seller. I would have purchased it.

Ironically, 2 of those people re-listed their items because they have not sold.

I buy so many items on auctions, not just ebay, and if the details are not there, I move on.

My advice is, be detailed.  It definitely helps sales

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I really don't know why this was moved from Selling to Buying since it was advice to sellers about the need for detail in their listings.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@searow wrote:

I e-mailed 3 individuals about motorcycle seats and not one answered. Every single ad had no measurements. I e-mailed a 4th individual, asking for a measurement and the answer I received was , 'It should fit motorcycles before 2012", which is not true.  The question was simple, measure the approximate length. If it was even close to what I wanted, that was a $400 sale for that seller. I would have purchased it.

Ironically, 2 of those people re-listed their items because they have not sold.

I buy so many items on auctions, not just ebay, and if the details are not there, I move on.

My advice is, be detailed.  It definitely helps sales

Exactly.  No details?  I ask questions.  No answer?  I move on.  Their loss, not mine.  Plenty of other sellers out there.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Same here. It will save you a lot of headaches. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Were they showing a stock photo?   If they were chances are they don't even have the seat in hand to measure it. Lots of drop shippers here. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

If the description of an item being offered for sale does not contain the information that you need to make a buying decision and a request for the information from the seller goes unanswered or inadequately answered, the only logical thing to do is pass up buying that item and look for the item elsewhere. 

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 6 of 6
latest reply