cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller won’t refund

I bought a high end tour issued golf club and after I received it it was obvious that the finish was not authentic. The seller is not being civil and won’t accept my return. Hopefully eBay will help me once the 3 days has passed after I opened my return request. 

Question: what are my risks? The seller is from Norway and it took 3 weeks to get the item. If eBay does allow

my return, how am I guaranteed to get my momey back? Can the seller flake since he is out of country. How does eBay pick a side on a authenticity claim? Can they contact the manufacturer?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Seller won’t refund

eBay always sides with the buyer. You may have to call them after you ask them to step in. This is because the seller is overseas and can't easily issue a return label
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Seller won’t refund

eBay will allow your return regardless.

The seller is responsible for return shipping.  If it's a domestic transaction, they can easily provide a shipping label through the eBay platform.  

As this is an international one, they are supposed to send you the funds, up front, for return shipping.  It needs to be a unique transaction an not a partial refund from the original one.

If you pay for return shipping on your own, eBay cannot force the seller to reimburse you after the fact.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply