cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller relisting items that have sold

Hello.  I was searching the sold listings for composition dolls and noticed that one particular seller has had many of the same dolls relisted, after they sold.  Some of the listings were sold, then relisted and ended due to "error in the listing."  It makes me wonder if this seller is cheating everybody out of their sale.  He receives the money, then relists the item to sell again?  Has anyone else come across something like this?  I mean, these are collector's items, so it's not like he has a bunch of the same identical dolls and using the same photos for them.  And I can understand one time if a buyer backs out, but several times?  Some of these dolls are being sold at $1,000, then relisted and sold for $100.  It doesn't make sense.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Seller relisting items that have sold

@cpkdiana,

" Some of the listings were sold, then relisted and ended due to "error in the listing." It makes me wonder if this seller is cheating everybody out of their sale... Some of these dolls are being sold at $1,000, then relisted and sold for $100. It doesn't make sense".

Without more information it is hard to say why the dolls were re-listed and sold for less.  You could do a screen shot of one of the high end auctions making sure not to post info like the seller's name or the eBay item number.

If the seller had the dolls listed as auctions, it is possible some people played with it by sport bidding, driving the price up very high, with no intention of paying.  If that is the case anyone who bid on one of the auctions that sold for $1K probably would not bid on another again, ergo the $100 price.  If the sport bidders tried bidding on another auction, if the seller doesn't know how to cancel their bids or block the members, they may have ended the listings because they bid again.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 2
latest reply