cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller misrepresented location

I purchased an item about 2 weeks ago expecting it to be shipped from Miami, FL, as the listing indicated, but the item is instead coming from Venezuela. The item has yet to arrive, despite it being days past the expected arrival. I’ve already opened the item not received case, but is there anything else I can do about this? I contacted customer support just to be told there’s nothing they can do until 4 days after the case is opened.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

There’s nothing else that needs to be done. Once the refund is issued, leave appropriate feedback. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I have had the same problem the last few times I have tried to buy something.  I even went so far as to email the seller to be sure the item was located in the United States.  I was assured that it was when in reality 3 weeks later it hadn't arrived from China and when I inquired AGAIN they  stated the United States adddress was for returns.  That must be how they are getting around it.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@njjer-z4yg0ct6o wrote:

I purchased an item about 2 weeks ago expecting it to be shipped from Miami, FL, as the listing indicated, but the item is instead coming from Venezuela. The item has yet to arrive, despite it being days past the expected arrival. I’ve already opened the item not received case, but is there anything else I can do about this? I contacted customer support just to be told there’s nothing they can do until 4 days after the case is opened.

There's nothing that will get your item or refund any quicker ... but ... There is a "Report Item" link on every listing.

Report the listing for location misrepresentation.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Same Here. Third time.  the seller says the item location is in Chino CA and then it ships from New Jersey! Even Amazon sellers do this.  THis is the third time this has happened. I'm the idiot for continuing to use ebay expecting that they ensure the advertised information is correct. I had one seller send me **bleep** tracking information because I'm sure they didn't want negative feedback. And now this seller is begging that I don't leave negative feedback. Well follow the rules.  But selling an item from new jersey is not located in Chino Ca. I'd paid more for the item had it been closer to me. This will be my last purchase from EBAY for a long time. May even close my account. This is really getting ridiculous because it's getting worse and not better. simple code to very the location when the seller uploads the tracking infromation. If it doesn't Match Ebay should be aware of it and correct it. Too SIMPLE to fix. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply