cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller keeps messaging me to remove negative feedback

So I had an agreement with this seller to purchase an item at 200s$, but I told him that he had to wait for me to get money. So, two weeks passed and I bought the item as promised and my money was taken away from my bank. I got the order confirmation and I was happy about my purchase so I decided to message the seller a few moments later to let him know that I just placed an order and that I was looking forward to receiving my item. So the seller asked me to cancel the order since the item wasn't at that price anymore, that demand got higher and  price was higher as a result and wanted to me to make an offer of at least 300s$ to which I declined. I asked ebay for the cancelation of the transaction, it got approved and since I HAD a negative experience with that seller, I left a negative feedback because he didn't honor the price settled and he immediately reposted the item at 300s$. 

Now three weeks later, he sent me a series of messages within 15min at a really early time asking me to remove my feedback and that if I don't do it he is gonna sue me and report to his fellows sellers about me. Now at night he sends me another message that he reported me to ebay but didn't mention for what.

Can this seller actually sue me for a honest negative feedback? I know we all are entitled to our opinions and its not like I'm trying to defame this seller, I just wanted to speak my mind about how I felt. 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

No, well I guess if he really wanted to but it would be a waste of money and time. Just block him and move on. Some ppl are just not made for customer service and if he could get $300 he could have sold it to another buyer and not waited on you. Not your problem. Ebay doesn't not support these agreements. Just block & move on. I am a seller by the way, and I would never do that or any other seller that I know of. It is dumb. 

Also don't try to make agreements, just buy items when you have the money. Don't do that again. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

@abuelo_84 wrote:

Can this seller actually sue me for a honest negative feedback?

People will sue for anything now days.

Since the seller is from Japan, don't think you have anything to worry about.

Have a great day.
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

No, well I guess if he really wanted to but it would be a waste of money and time. Just block him and move on. Some ppl are just not made for customer service and if he could get $300 he could have sold it to another buyer and not waited on you. Not your problem. Ebay doesn't not support these agreements. Just block & move on. I am a seller by the way, and I would never do that or any other seller that I know of. It is dumb. 

Also don't try to make agreements, just buy items when you have the money. Don't do that again. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

If you canceled the order and received a refund, I would remove the feedback. 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@abuelo_84 

I doubt the seller will sue you, it would be a waste of time and money. 

You can report a seller for harassment. You need to keep the messages.

All you have to do is click on the link below:

1.   Hit report seller
  2. Check on:  The seller has violated one of eBay’s policies, click continue.
  3. Enter seller’s username.
  4. Click on either: Seller sent threatening or abusive messages or other.
  5. Fill in additional comments; tell them your story and let them know they need to contact you (leave a phone number) or look at your messages.
  6. Hit submit and your case will be looked at.

Here is eBay's link to reporting a seller:

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/resolving-issues-sellers/report-issue-seller?id=4022&st=3&pos=1&que....

Hope this helps!

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@abuelo_84,

"I asked ebay for the cancelation of the transaction, it got approved and since I HAD a negative experience with that seller, I left a negative feedback".

You did not ask ebay for a cancellation, you sent a cancellation request through ebay to the seller who approved the request, and as a result the feedback you left has been removed.  Feedback cannot be left for a buyer requested cancellation.

If your agreement on the price with the seller was not made formally using Best Offer it holds no weight with ebay.   When making an offer outside the system one should be ready to pay immediately, so a seller does not have time to reconsider. They probably found out after agreeing on a price with you that the item was worth more and if you had already paid the deal would have been done.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I did talk to some representatives yesterday and I told them every detail of the story, didn't forget to mention anything. After hearing the story they all recommended me to report the seller and block the seller since he was harassing and treating me and that was indeed against ebay policies.

Also, they told me that my feedback was not against their policies since I had a legitimate argument and what the seller did with the price was not an ethical practice and that they will not tolerate that kind of behavior.

I wouldn't left a negative feedback if the seller had told me that it was not in stock or that someone else bought it, but seller explicitly asked me to cancel it because other sellers were selling it at a higher price and didn't want to sell cheap.

Thank you all for your responses and time! Let's just wait for the outcome. 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I'd recommend you have payment ready before purchasing the item. Makes things easier for both seller and buyer.

But perhaps it's a good thing you didn't end up doing business with this person. IMO, they deserved the feedback having dishonored the $200 price agreed upon your purchase. Sounds like to me you were only intending to be honest and not trying to hurt the seller.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@abuelo_84 

Glad to help! I hope it works out for you. Keep us posted on what happens.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@abuelo_84 

P.S. I didn't mean to come off rude if I did after reading my response again..lol. When I said " Don't do it again", I was just trying to protect you and give advice that's all. I personally had some jerk people on my husband's acct yesterday and was frustrated already. I sell, have my own store for past few years and run my husband's store for past 8 yrs or so. I have seen jerk sellers and jerk buyers. 

But just because I mainly sell does NOT mean that i am one sided. I see buyers also get taken advantage of or scammed just the same as the sellers do. 

Feedback is your honest opinion. I recently got a negative feedback even tho in my own opinion, the guy was very undesireable to work with and left me feedback before I could even help him. I go out of my way to help my customers. Once in awhile you get a **bleep** seller or **bleep** buyer. But the feedback is the buyers feedback as they see their experience. Oh well, even tho I think he is wrong, doesn't matter.

People have the right to put feeback for their experience. It is what it is. I actually have sold more items since he left that non-sense. 

Then there are the ones that get honest feedback and of course the person who received it always thinks they are right regardless of situation.  DON'T FEEL BAD.

He was just talking **bleep** about lawsuit. He will lose. Don't worry about it. Block and move on...lol

Hope I helped. Take care. 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@dinpavent0  Its totally fine, I didn't think your answer was rude, I read it as it was just an opinion like every other comment on this community :). 

FYI to everyone who took the time to see my post, I just went to the sellers profile and he got my negative feedback removed, I didn't even get a notification about a review or anything, its just gone but I hope this is the end of this stressful situation.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

how do you sue people on ebay tho? i actually need to. 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply