cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller does not communicate, item bought not yet received, was removed from site

I bought an item on August 29, 2020. Item reads shipped. USPS Tracking number provided is invalid. Item now shows removed from the site.. The seller offers no response. And apparently Ebay does not give a rats ass! Do I want my $16 t-shirt? Yes! But I’d rather receive an honest communication from someone so I can decide if I should cancel this order.
Where is Ebay CS in all this???
Thank you!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Seller does not communicate, item bought not yet received, was removed from site

This is a member to member board. If you paid through PayPal you can make a claim through PayPal. Go to your PayPal account and file a claim.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@claudicordeir_3 - Everything will work our for you. This platform offers a MBG so you'll be covered. You can't cancel the transaction, only the seller can and they aren't responding. You'll just have to be a little more patient and follow the procedures so that this all works out correctly for you. 

Go to your purchase history list and look at the expected date of arrival for your item. Once that date passes you can open an item not received case by following the prompts on eBay. Then just wait for that case to run its course and you will receive a full refund from eBay. The seller will receive a mark on their selling account, if it's even open until then. You will also be able to leave appropriate FB afterward that. Again just make sure you follow the procedures. Best of luck to you....

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

You should file an item not received claim through ebay.  

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

1. Thank you kindly.  It is very frustrating though when you cannot speak with anyone. 
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@claudicordeir_3 

If eBay has removed the listing from the site, you should have received an email from them explaining exactly what to do next. Look in your inbox, your trash, and your spam for a message from eBay on the email account you used to register with them.

If you cannot find the email, it (basically) says that you still need to wait until after the last estimated delivery date, because it's possible the seller shipped it. (Yeah. Right.)

So, the first thing to do is check your latest estimated delivery date for the item. Neither eBay nor PayPal will allow you to file before that date has passed.

If you haven't received it once that delivery date has passed, see if the item still appears on your Purchase History page.

• If so, click on "More actions."
  • Select "I didn't receive it" from the drop-down menu.
  • Proceed from there.

The procedure would be similar if you choose to go to eBay's "Resolution Center" to file. There's a link to the Resolution Center" on every page.

If you can't find the item listing anywhere on eBay, go to PayPal and file the same "I didn't receive it" dispute. PayPal will probably require that you wait until after the estimated delivery date has passed as well. Under normal circumstances, when customer service was fully staffed, you could contact them and explain that you need to be reimbursed for an item that has been removed from eBay's website, but I'm not sure PayPal is currently staffed well enough to provide that particular service.

I hope this helps you. Just post again on this thread if you run into anything you need advice on as you move through this process.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thank you so much.  The expected delivery date is nit until Sept 9. 

The issue is the item has been removed from the site and from my purchases as well.  And Ebay keeps automated replying saying I was given a tracking number, which I was but it is invalid. Tried using both on the Ebay site as well as USPS and it comes out invalid. 

Bottom line, I really have no info on this item ordered on Aug 29, and supposed to have been shipped from the US.  Very disappointed.

Next time, I will definitely stick with Amazon. A lot more respectful of their loyal customers.

Thank you again.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply