cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller canceled an item I won and paid $50 for, and immediately relisted it for $180

Last night, I had a $50 best offer accepted on an auction for a used reloading scale with free shipping . It’s worth probably double that, so I was stoked to get a good deal. I paid for it immediately. I was just notified today that my purchase was cancelled and refunded by the seller and the listed reason was “issue with shipping address”. I’ve had over 500 items delivered here over the years…. There’s no issue with my address, and it’s just regular domestic shipping within the continental US. 

I then checked it out the seller’s store and the item had been immediately re-listed within minutes for $150 Buy It Now plus $30 shipping. I messaged the seller to ask what the heck, and they said there was no issue on my side, but they had issues with shipping costs being higher than they expected and they didn’t want to pay for the shipping. There was no issue with my shipping address, they just said that to cancel my order. They confirmed all this in eBay chat. 

Is this ok with eBay? What’s the point of an auction if the seller will just refund and re-list the item for more?

Also, since they immediately issued a refund, apparently I can’t even leave feedback

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Seller canceled an item I won and paid $50 for, and immediately relisted it for $180

You can report the seller for using the wrong reason for canceling the order.

They should have used out of stock, but they would have got a defect on their account.

https://www.ebay.com/help/action?topicid=4022

Have a great day
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I always hate when that happens.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply