cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller asks for extra money for priority shipping??

Paid for an item including economy shipping and the item was listed as despatched 

Seller then messages me saying item was refused by post office and he wants extra money for priority shipping.

The item has no tracking reference and the seller is not answering my messages.

I have asked for a refund but again no reply from the seller.

The item is due delivery from ebay on 11 July because it's still listed as despatched even though the seller has informed me it was refused by post office??

I have to wait 2 months according to ebay to open a dispute for not receiving goods??

Why is this allowed on ebay where my money is held by the seller who hasn't sent the item but it's listed as despatched??

How can I claim now??

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@andycyp,

What country is your seller registered in, and was there more than one shipping method to choose from at checkout?  Often standard shipping rates only apply to items shipped within a seller's country.

Did you check your seller's feedback profile before buying from them?  You should always to that to see if a seller is new or inexperienced besides looking to see how reliable they are.  Especially since you live on Cyprus.   If you signed up to use ebay on its U.K. based site you may get different answers by logging into that site and posting your concern on its community ( ebay.co.uk ) You have posted on the U.S. based sites community, ( ebay.com )

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Yes thank you for the reply🙏

Well I'm not that experienced either but I'm thinking the principles are the same when buying regardless of country🤔

And just seen the comments for the seller who is in Latvia and they are a few the same as mine with no replies.

So I'm guessing it's a waiting game then to claim my money back after the expected delivery date, even though the seller has admitted he hasn't sent the item and I have no tracking reference?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@andycyp  This is the US (.com) boards and when we buy from another country we have to wait until the day after the last estimated date to file "not received"

This is because the seller is not required to have tracking and item shipping from one country to another take awhile.

Hopefully the seller shipped and the item arrives to you OR they cancel your order.

If not, yes you have to wait.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Yes agreed...just doesn't seem right for a supplier to completely ignore a buyer.

That's a 2 month wait till delivery date expires and then the added wait for refund 🙄

Seems like a bit of a scam going on especially after listing item as despatched then saying the item was refused delivery, asking for more postage money and not replying to my messages??

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@andycyp,

When you looked at the sellers feedback profile page did you click on the As a Seller tab, to see if they have feedback for selling? If all if the feedback they received were from sellers, it means they just started selling and their inexperience is what is causing the problems.  New sellers often run into several issues at first. So that is why it is important to check the feedback profile of each seller you intend to buy from, no matter what their feedback percentage is.

As a new seller, they probably do not know that ebay places a hold on the payments of new sellers.  On their account the payment status is marked as Pending.  They probably have not replied to your cancellation/refund request, because they do not think they have been paid yet. They also do not know that they cannot ask a buyer for more money because they miscalculated the shipping cost.

They may not have responded so far because of the payment hold. You can try messaging them again and tell them if they have not sent a refund due to the payment status,  to do an online search for "Payments on hold, ebay"   If they do that they will at least find out that they can send a refund. 

If there is still no repley, you will have to wait until the last estimated delivery date has passed by one day, before you can file an item not as described dispute through ebay.  That is not something you can do anything about, because of ebay's policies.  It does not matter that the seller has not provided any tracking information, since it is not a requirement.  Sellers should ship with tracking to prove they have shipped items.   Actually the very extended delivery time frame, should have been a warning. Since there is no god reason why an international shipment between two European Union countries should take that long.

The "principles" for getting refunds may be the same on various country;s ebay sites, but the process and ebay contact methods may differ, and that is why I suggested posting on your home site's community.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Did you not check their feedback before making the purchase?

Their feedback score is 88% which is terrible and they have a lot of bad feedback for the problem you're having.

Nothing you can do but wait until a day after the estimated delivery date, which was shown in the listing before buying.

Have a great day.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply