cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching sucks,try looking for a toy hauler trailer, Whoever changed the search engine is an idiot

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Searching sucks,try looking for a toy hauler trailer, Whoever changed the search engine is an idiot

It's not the search engine. It wasn't changed. Late last year eBay eliminated thousands of collectibles categories, including in toys. Try your search with more keywords to narrow it down.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

It seems like the OP is searching for a trailer that hauls big boy "toys" like a motorcycle or an ATV, in which case he'd be looking in eBay Motors probably.  

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Please check out my answer to kathiec.  

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

"toy hauler trailer" this seems to be more of a user error issue.. try using the appropriate describing words for what you are looking for. are you referring to a toy 18 wheeler?, or a physical enclosed trailer meant for hauling ATV equipment? in which, your best option would be in order, your local farm equipment supply, fb marketplace in your area, or ebay motors..

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@deadheaddaine,

As @kathiec  mentioned you may need more key words to get results.  If your search was only for "toy hauler trailer", you probably did not get results even if you chose the Toys and Hobbies category.

It would help if you used a manufacturer's name Ex:  Tonka, BudyL, Hubley, Ideal... etc..  The type of trailer you are looking for, Horse, car hauler, lowboy, flatbed, Semi trailer....  Some of the toy companies had license agreements to use brand or company names on trailers. U-Haul, Allied Van Lines, Bekin's,...  Then you should probably add the material the trailer would be made of, pressed steel, diecast metal or plastic. Adding words like 'vintage" can help but not always.

If you are not sure of what manufacturer made the trailer, you can find many toy maker's catalogs online. If you have the truck that pulled it, often there are decals with the Mfr's name on the doors. Some have the Mfr's. name molded inside the cab or on the frame with the Mfr's. part/item number number.  Some trailers were not sold separately so knowing the set number helps, often it started with the pulling truck's part number.

Your searches could look like:

Tonka pressed steel covered/open, horse trailer, Tonka Farms, green.

Tonka #36 Livestock Van red. (a specific set made between 1954-`57)

Nylint  pressed steel car hauler, black.

Vintage Hubley die cast lowboy trailer, yellow

Dinky Toy #32aj Kodak semi trailer die cast.   (32 was the number of the Panhard tractor. aj indicates the Kodak trailer, to find only the trailer you would give the whole part number 32aj)

Good Luck

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

peppa convertible campervan😊

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Did you try just search in eBay Motors?  https://www.ebay.com/b/Vehicle-Trailers/66468/bn_16582080 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

You can also Google search the site as like site:www.ebay.com  name item here

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Again, I think the OP needs to be searching in eBay Motors where there are over a thousand listed.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

And I really hope he returns and clarifies for us soon.  Meanwhile, I am looking at a lot of really cute toy vehicles.  

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

And I really hope he returns and clarifies for us soon.  Meanwhile, I am looking at a lot of really cute toy vehicles.  

I prefer the 'cute' ones in my profile pic ..... 🙂

The 16" cast iron Hubley trucks.